Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It sounds like Screamscape wasn't told about the tracks being added for Rock the Universe. :lol: I don't see a reason for Universal to make any drastic changes to the song choices this soon after opening, anyway. Adding songs (if possible) would be great, but it's still a little early to begin replacing songs in my opinion.

Agreed, I would think step one is getting it open for long periods of time without having to close. Or maybe even :look: opening for HHN.

I would be happier if they just removed the ride.

o-rly__ruserious.jpg

You know how much money Universal put into that thing??? I don't think demolition is an option, it still attracts quite a crowd.

I know the answer to this one. WAY too much. The ride went far over budget, still has tons of problems and did nothing innovative. For the amount they ended up paying for the attraction we almost could of had Two Mummy level of experiences.

Chalk me up as another who would love to see the thing just get demolished ASAP.

It's good. But not one of the best rides. One of the most fun, yes. But that's it. It destroys theme while having lackluster theme itself. With all of the problems and the way it went over-budget, I hope Universal learned from this big mistake.

It is a Roller Coaster they don't really need themes to make them fun...If you think they do Go to Ohio climb on The Beast , Top Thrill Dragster, Millineum Force, Magnum xl. Sadly people there is a world out there beyond themeing rides..Also take a drive down south and Jump on Shiekra or Montu. A light theme is great but no required..

It is a Roller Coaster they don't really need themes to make them fun...If you think they do Go to Ohio climb on The Beast , Top Thrill Dragster, Millineum Force, Magnum xl. Sadly people there is a world out there beyond themeing rides..Also take a drive down south and Jump on Shiekra or Montu. A light theme is great but no required..
In an amusement park you're right. But Uni is a THEME park. The park had all around amazing theming until HRRR, which, like I said, has wrecked theming all over the resort, and in both THEME parks. Not to mention, every ride in a THEME park should have a great THEME. Did I mention anything about THEMES yet? :lol:

Last edited:
In an amusement park you're right. But Uni is a THEME park. The park had all around amazing theming until HRRR, which, like I said, has wrecked theming all over the resort, and in both THEME parks. Not to mention, every ride in a THEME park should have a great THEME. Did I mention anything about THEMES yet? :lol:
And from General Public member, who can't tell the difference between theme and no theme, and is the most important group to said theme parks: Rockit is the best ride in the park

And from General Public member, who can't tell the difference between theme and no theme, and is the most important group to said theme parks: Rockit is the best ride in the park

Okay then. Using your philosophy, I am working with my contacts at Disney to remove theme from their coasters. Come tommorow, EE, BTM, RnR, and SM will have no theme, just be big piles of supports and tracks. (Yeah, right, I have Disney contacts!)
If you wanted just plain rides, no themes, then you should go to a park where a ticket doesn't cost $112. The reason for the high cost is because it's an IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE. With THEMING!
And I don't know if HRRR is THE best ride, but maybe one of the best. (If you ignore themeing)

Last edited:
I don't think you get his point. There can be great coasters without theming, but if you take theme away from a coaster that was designed around a certain theme then the ride will severely suffer you are taking away part of the experience. Rockit could be much better with a theme but the great thing about the coaster is that it is a great addition to the park without taking up precious space.

Okay then. Using your philosophy, I am working with my contacts at Disney to remove theme from their coasters. Come tommorow, EE, BTM, RnR, and SM will have no theme, just be big piles of supports and tracks. (Yeah, right, I have Disney contacts!)
If you wanted just plain rides, no themes, then you should go to a park where a ticket doesn't cost $112. The reason for the high cost is because it's an IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE. With THEMING!
And I don't know if HRRR is THE best ride, but maybe one of the best. (If you ignore themeing)
It's not my personal opinion, but coming back from a field trip a few months ago to Studios, almost everybody said Rockit was by far the best ride at the park. They really couldn't care if it ruined the rest of the park or not, just simply how the ride itself was. After all, it'd be hard for someone here to say it isn't a good ride by itself (it did land in the top 100 after all).

Like I said, the only people that really care about how it affected the park is theme park enthusiasts. And the park cares far more about general public members than it does us, as there are far more of them than us. Sad but true fact.

And even amongst us, there are some that rather have and rather not have the ride as these last few pages have shown.

Last edited: