Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The ride doesn't get enough guest through and is too popular to include an express line. But alas. The Express queue will be open tomorrow morning.

Rockit will still not include Ubot as of yet.

Rockit has all 7 trains on site for the first time in about 2 years, or longer. They're not all quite in running condition, but once the last two get their last repairs/assembled fully, 6 train operation is a possibility in the near future. Of course, that could also depend on possible operational change as well...

Where have the missing trains been? Can they run 7 trains all at once or is 6 max with 1 backup?

The ride doesn't get enough guest through and is too popular to include an express line. But alas. The Express queue will be open tomorrow morning.

Rockit will still not include Ubot as of yet.

Why would they choose arguably the third busiest week of the year at the parks to implement express access?

Where have the missing trains been? Can they run 7 trains all at once or is 6 max with 1 backup?

Technically all 7 trains can be on the track at once (somewhere between 8-10 blocks, I've seen 3 trains in the station, but only count it as 2 "blocks" plus they try to avoid stopping on the transfer/sync area as well), however I highly doubt they will ever run all 7 at once, partly because audio issues are so common, but also because I don't think its as efficient running 7 trains. Kind of like how Top Thrill Dragster has 6 trains, but in the real world, maximum efficiency is running with 5. As to where they were, they have been rotating RVs regularly over the last few years trying to get them all fixed up and running correctly, plus normal rehabs. I believe Premier was doing some work, Mauer Sohne of course, and possibly another company was in on the fixing as well. I'd be surprised if all 7 are there for more than a few months.

They will run 6 at max. Anything more is a bad idea.

Its like Spider-Man. They can run at 18 RVs online, even 19, but they never use more than 17 because if one car stops or has a delay (like a wheelchair), the entire ride backs up. Its not worth it.

And yes, running with Express is an AWFUL idea for this ride and if you go back and look I've been an opponent of it for a while. I was there the last time they tested it out. It was nightmare line.

As to where I get my information, I don't reveal my sources much like the other people on this site.

Not arguing about the problems you have seen.....what causes the issues with using express on this ride vs Hulk? (I am guessing the moving load platform?)

Not arguing about the problems you have seen.....what causes the issues with using express on this ride vs Hulk? (I am guessing the moving load platform?)

The Hulk's express leads you to the 15 min. wait mark of the regular line. Rockit's express is an entire line that leads you to the front. The problem with Rockit is that there's 12 seats in each train, compared to the 32-36 seats on the Hulk. If Rockit was to get Express, the line for the regular line would be longer than usual, and the single rider's line would be too unbearable to use. I remember on the single rider's line that I had to wait 15 at the front of the line just to ride Rockit. There are a lot of groups of 2 and 4 from the regular line that fills up the seats easily, and the wait is still long. When you add Express, the team member has to switch back and forth from regular to Express, and will causes a longer wait.

Also, keep in mind that Rockit uses a moving walkway to load the guests, just like Forbidden Journey. On Potter, the lack of express and single riders = a smoother and more consistent flow of capacity. Even though Rockit has this luxary, it's many breakdowns and ill-manufactured trains causes an inconsistent flow of capacity.

Hey, I love Rockit, but getting on the ride is a pain in the butt.

I blame poor design and one bad magic carpet :thumbs:

I honestly don't understand the thought process behind beginning express on a busy week either, other than to... sell more Express!

The problem of having an express line at Rockit vs Hulk, as someone else stated, is simply capacity. Best case scenario Rockit gets through 1100 to 1200 riders per hour. Hulk gets close to 1800 per hour. A huge difference for a high profile attraction. Now that they will have to split up the capacity between two different lines, express having priority obviously, the regular line is basically going to operate like it gets 600 riders per hour which is insanely low. I don't have the formula near me or else I could tell you a theoretical wait but its not going to be good.

A little off topic...I remember my first trip to Universal (2006) with express and the Hulk Express line went right to the front similar to The Mummy. I can't complain as I will only stay onsite during my visits to take advantage of express pass.

The Hulk's express leads you to the 15 min. wait mark of the regular line. Rockit's express is an entire line that leads you to the front. The problem with Rockit is that there's 12 seats in each train, compared to the 32-36 seats on the Hulk. If Rockit was to get Express, the line for the regular line would be longer than usual, and the single rider's line would be too unbearable to use. I remember on the single rider's line that I had to wait 15 at the front of the line just to ride Rockit. There are a lot of groups of 2 and 4 from the regular line that fills up the seats easily, and the wait is still long. When you add Express, the team member has to switch back and forth from regular to Express, and will causes a longer wait.

Also, keep in mind that Rockit uses a moving walkway to load the guests, just like Forbidden Journey. On Potter, the lack of express and single riders = a smoother and more consistent flow of capacity. Even though Rockit has this luxary, it's many breakdowns and ill-manufactured trains causes an inconsistent flow of capacity.

Hey, I love Rockit, but getting on the ride is a pain in the butt.
I've always wondered.....why did they switch the Hulk Express from the side door to a farther away spot where you just merge with the line?

I've always wondered.....why did they switch the Hulk Express from the side door to a farther away spot where you just merge with the line?

It has to be so that Express people can now choose to stand in the "Front Seat" line in they want to, whereas before you couldn't.

I despise how Universal does the Express Pass for Hulk as when I have gone the Team Member isn't at the juncture of the standby and Express Pass line, they are a little before it. So you then have to join the standby line looking like you're just cutting people. It's really the most uncomfortable I have felt at any Orlando theme park.