Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 210 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had a great ride in the front row of train #7 today. The speakers sounded a bit distorted though.

The ride really is a lot of fun...it's just unfortunate how unreliable and inconsistent it can be.

I look at theme parks from the perspective of an artist. I want to feel as though I have been transported into another world, I don't go to theme parks "just to have fun." If I wanted to go to a place "just to have fun", I'll go to Fun Spot.

This is Universal Orlando, the place that has given us some of the most spectacular rides ever including but not limited to Kongfrontation, JAWS, Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, BTTF, and so on. For them to give us such a huge theme breaking coaster that brings a part of the park down to Six Flags-standards is a giant step backwards and a huge sell-out. I expected better from them. Way better.

Seuss and New York were some of my favorite areas in the entire resort, and Rockit has simply now taken a huge dump all over them both.

I get it won't be done, but ship the coaster elsewhere I say and let it be someone else's problem.

Last edited:
I'm mostly kidding. The look of the thing is devastating to basically the whole park, but obviously they would not knock it down till there is a reason to do so.

I always realize I'm in a fake environment, but for me I feel like I'm in one created by Fun Spot instead of Universal when I see that thing (an amusement park instead of a theme park) :doh: :rofl:

I look at theme parks from the perspective of an artist. I want to feel as though I have been transported into another world, I don't go to theme parks "just to have fun." If I wanted to go to a place "just to have fun", I'll go to Fun Spot.

This is Universal Orlando, the place that has given us some of the most spectacular rides ever including but not limited to Kongfrontation, JAWS, Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, BTTF, and so on. For them to give us such a huge theme breaking coaster that brings a part of the park down to Six Flags-standards is a giant step backwards and a huge sell-out. I expected better from them. Way better.

Seuss and New York were some of my favorite areas in the entire resort, and Rockit has simply now taken a huge dump all over them both.

I get it won't be done, but ship the coaster elsewhere I say and let it be someone else's problem.

By the logic of we need to take it down because we can see it from the other park, Hulk and Doom obviously need to go as well, yes?

The back section is rough for me everytime. But I still ride it at least 3-4 times a visit. However I dont think I have ridden on one of the newer trains. If they can solve that roughness, its a great ride and well worth the sitelines, IMO.

I can forgive the theme (the pitiful excuse for one), I can live with seeing it from IOA, I don't mind seeing it from the rest of the studios. BUT, I will never be okay with how they killed the New York library facade with that bright red pice of junk. I mean come on, did they really need to have that part there. I know the library isn't especially spectacular or a crowd bringer. But it was part of the original park, a nice piece of nostalgia. :down:

You guys are nuts. It's always a fun rollercoaster to go on. And it's a popular ride for guests and locals all the time. Saying you would rather have no attraction there is pretty ridiculous. And I know some of you are going to argue with me but your definitely not going to convince me otherwise that it would be better with no ride there. If anything, change the look or theme of it. Don't just knock it down. I have a blast on it all the time. And so does everyone else that gets off of it.
I agree 100%. One of the most fun rides there. I'm Cool with a re theme. The ride it self is awesome. It's always a boat load of people in lineevery time i go.

By the logic of we need to take it down because we can see it from the other park, Hulk and Doom obviously need to go as well, yes?

This is a stretch from what I am saying. In my opinion specifically HRRR does not look good there.

I wish it was built where the queue and loading were inside USF, but most of the track went into CW. Here is a very crude illustration. Obviously the track would have needed to be designed around this orientation, as opposed to what is existing.

cw-hrrr.png

Y'all know I love Uni, but that does not mean I can not complain about what I do not like. What is there is what is there, so I hope they can at least make it look nice.

Nope. Not a fair comparison.

Actually since a lot of the complaints as far as the sight lines are you can see it in Seuss. (not just in this thread but in general on the boards) I can see Hulk and Doom from USF, and for some inexplicable reason it ruins my day, I demand they be taken down even if that means they be replaced with nothing. Oh wait, that is crazy.

Actually since a lot of the complaints as far as the sight lines are you can see it in Seuss. (not just in this thread but in general on the boards) I can see Hulk and Doom from USF, and for some inexplicable reason it ruins my day, I demand they be taken down even if that means they be replaced with nothing. Oh wait, that is crazy.

Oh so not in relation to what we were talking about? You should have made that part clear, but it better points out "Not a fair comparison".

Nope, sorry. Still completely unfair comparison. Doom and Hulk are off in the distance, sure I guess they could be considered minor sightline flaws, but not as bad as Rockit. That coaster is almost literally right next to Seuss.

You can also add to the fact that Rockit directly intrudes on New York, something Hulk or Doom does not.

So your complaint is not that it's visible? Because the idea that it's in the sight lines, it ruins the skyline, and kills the visual, takes away the theme all deals in the fact that you can see it.

So your complaint is not that it's visible? Because the idea that it's in the sight lines, it ruins the skyline, and kills the visual, takes away the theme all deals in the fact that you can see it.

Your taking points and spinning them around trying to make a "straw man" argument. It is my opinion that the specifics of HRRR look awful, and it is a fact that it can be seen from many areas. The second point does not take away from the first point. It may be your opinion that HRRR looks great from all angles, that is fine. But you can not put unrelated opinions in others mouths. All I am saying is when we are talking opinions there is no right answer, as opposed to facts.

Reactions: Cupcakes
For what 150 feet of the Seuss pathway if you look behind the trees in front of one fish, and behind one fish, and behind the trees behind one fish, and on the other side of the large buildings you see the top of a red roller coaster......

For New York it does ruin the library facade and the other facade's in that area. But it's a theme park, and a roller coaster is visible, eh.

Then there's no point in having this discussion. If I can't convince you now of Rockit's theme-breaking problems, I never will.

Best to let different perspectives be different perspectives at this point.

Last edited:
Let's be clear - Hulk and Doom are, to an extent, aesthetically pleasing structures. They're well integrated into the Marvel area and the Islands landscape as a whole. They were meant to be visual weenies since the park was designed.

Rockit was shoe-horned into a tiny space with very little regard for aesthetics. In a word, it's ugly. It has pretty much zero visual merit, and detracts from many areas of the park. It can be seen from Islands of Adventure, which is hugely problematic if you value sight lines - you can only see Hulk and Doom from a handful of VERY specific places in the Studios... not sure what areas you're referring to, Nitro.