Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Spring or summer, I don't care, I just want some early access to it for passholders.

Here are pics from today:

2jb8m5l.jpg

smsz9c.jpg

2mq0war.jpg

26117av.jpg

So I heard this and I took it with a grain of salt but it sounds more realistic than the last rumor about the lift.

Everyone was saying they installed the lift wrong. Which sounded kind of ludicrous. Not saying it couldn't happen it just seems like something far fetched. Granted this is also kind of in the left field it just seems a little more believable. What I heard as of yesterday was that the state didn't approve of the lift. All the parts are back in Germany right now and it is just NOW starting the approval phase because somebody didn't file the right permits.

IT'S KRUSTY! :lol: Where have you been?

I hope that isn't the case.... as previously mentioned by several people (including myself), I'd like this to open by the end of May. However, the bright side to this is that Manta will actually have a decent chance at getting some people to SeaWorld before this gets rid of any potential attendance. Long story short, I really hope that no dumb mistakes like that rumored here actually happened. :doh:

It has nothing to do with the state. There are indeed lift issues when it comes to trains getting stuck and how the cars will be moved and/or EVACed in a safe way. You won't see this ride up by the end of May. Mid summer at the earliest is what I hear. But on the upside, you can buy HRRR merch at the park now... a consolation prize until we can really rock.

I got an email from Universal today that showed the Rockit' saying coming soon instead of coming spring. I think that may mean that Universal may not know when it will really open.