Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same thing bro that crap better be open its getting ridiculous.

So you would have rather seen them open it in May, barely run while being plagued with downtime, have 4 hour lines because it could only run two trains and then ultimately close it for the rest of the summer?

Yeah, that's a much better idea than not opening it until they're ready. :rolleyes:

So you would have rather seen them open it in May, barely run while being plagued with downtime, have 4 hour lines because it could only run two trains and then ultimately close it for the rest of the summer?

Yeah, that's a much better idea than not opening it until they're ready. :rolleyes:

+1...

This has been said SO many times, Universal will open it WHEN its ready. Not when its nearly ready, not when its half ready, not when its ready but not ready enough. WHEN ITS READY!

While I'm a bit disappointed that HRRR hasn't opened yet, I'd much rather wait for it to be operational with all the bugs worked out of the system than have it open before it's ready and have the experience marred by problems.

You live in Florida. What is it a 2-3 hour drive. It's only a day trip away for you once it opens. No need to rush.

+1, and quite frankly, if someone (don't know if this applies to the poster or not) is driving to the park *in hopes of* riding something that is publically known to be closed, it's very difficult to have sympathy for them.

Not sure if you guys know this, but I found out something interesting today. The banner is there solely for tornado protection. It seems that if a tornado were in the area, it would rip apart the banner first, and leave the steel alone.

Before you decide to question me, please know that I have inside knowledge.

Well think of this Drive all the way to Cedar Point 12 hours and then have Top Thrill be down that sucks. But that is part of it, I was at BGA in June had friends drive in from Daytona all excited to ride Sheikra and it was down all day.

Rides go down, rides get maintenance it is part of it.

Well think of this Drive all the way to Cedar Point 12 hours and then have Top Thrill be down that sucks. But that is part of it, I was at BGA in June had friends drive in from Daytona all excited to ride Sheikra and it was down all day.

Rides go down, rides get maintenance it is part of it.

Are you actually implying that in your opinion, they should have rushed to open it before it was finished, before they even knew the scope of the problems it was plagued with, under the context that "rides go down, rides get maintenance it is part of it." :confused:

No. Sorry. No. Universal has handled this situation ENTIRELY the right way. Aside from maybe commenting on the fact that it had been delayed instead of looking the other way, I applaud them for not opening this ride until the ride is ready to be open as opposed to cracking under the pressure of summer crowds. :clap:

Not sure if you guys know this, but I found out something interesting today. The banner is there solely for tornado protection. It seems that if a tornado were in the area, it would rip apart the banner first, and leave the steel alone.

Before you decide to question me, please know that I have inside knowledge.

How will a plastic/paper/nylon banner, protect anything from a tornado? :lol:

I guess Universal is SOL if the Tornado decides to attack the non-inverting loop!

I guess Universal is SOL if the Tornado decides to attack the non-inverting loop!

Wrong again, Ralph - and exactly why the ride still isn't open. The banner for the non-inverting loop hasn't been delivered yet, and they won't open without it just in case a torando comes while guests are on.

The lift is taller, so the tornado would attack it first. You would know this about tornadoes if you've ever been a storm chaser, like me.

Also, you do not need to capitalize "tornado".

:clap:

I can't say anything more to you. :lol::rotfl::nuts:

I know him. He's a legit storm chaser. He flims for the weather channel in Canada. If he says a tornado will gravitate towards a taller object, he's probably right. I don't think you or I know enough about the science of weather to argue the point. :shrug:

I know him. He's a legit storm chaser. He flims for the weather channel in Canada. If he says a tornado will gravitate towards a taller object, he's probably right. I don't think you or I know enough about the science of weather to argue the point. :shrug:

You're right, I'm too much of a pansy to stare at the finger of god :)lol:) as it comes towards only the lift hill and nothing else.

This guy has to be right. His theory is too solid not to be totally correct.

This tornado protection theory is complete crap. If they were trying to protect it from tornados they would strategically place a couple of mobile homes away from the coaster to draw the tornado away. Everyone knows that mobile homes are to tornados that tall metal rods are to lightening.

You're right, I'm too much of a pansy to stare at the finger of god :)lol:) as it comes towards only the lift hill and nothing else.

This guy has to be right. His theory is too solid not to be totally correct.

I don't understand why you're so doubting. This guy is Canada's foremost tornado expert.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

This tornado protection theory is complete crap. If they were trying to protect it from tornados they would strategically place a couple of mobile homes away from the coaster to draw the tornado away. Everyone knows that mobile homes are to tornados that tall metal rods are to lightening.

For someone that claims to have so much inside information, things like this just further show your ignorance. The coaster was intentially designed to go through the Twister queue because it is decoraded with things reminicent of a mobile home park, including fiberglass cows. It's common knowledge that to a tornado's eye, these types of tacky decorations are the equivalent of a trailer park, thus keeping the rest of the ride safe. It's very similar in concept to the fact that a T-Rex's vision is based on movement. Tornadoes, much like T-Rexs, have big bodies but pea-sized brains. It's the exact same reason why in all these years, Dino Rama! still hasn't been destroyed by a tornado either.

Since you obviously have no clue what you're talking about, I'll spill the beans: Once they install the banner on the non-inverting loop (to protect if from tornados as our new resident Canadian Storm Chaser pointed out) this ride will finally open.

I wasn't allowed to say anything about the backup banner, (AKA non-inverting loop banner) but now that it has been said, I can confirm that this is true.