Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a reason UO would consider Rockit also as an attraction accessible from CityWalk is aside from an entrance fee, those DVDs you can purchase showing YOU on the coaster would be a pretty cool memento for out of towners with deep pockets.

Another good point - but I think the real bottom line is the flashy lightshow will draw people in like moths in an otherwise pretty DEAD nighttime entertainment venue like CityWalk.

It attracted me there tonight. On the way back home from work, I saw those flashy lights and decided to check it out. I will post some pictures when I get home but check out our Twitter page @officialou for a small taste.

It attracted me there tonight. On the way back home from work, I saw those flashy lights and decided to check it out. I will post some pictures when I get home but check out our Twitter page @officialou for a small taste.

Haha - I have a picture of you driving in circles on I-4, notice the flashy lights and you zip right over to it and just stare at it for hours. The Manager At Louis Pizza told me it lights up at night because CityWalk is too dark and people were always falling down. Hope this helps. Did you fall down? Eh... you're not a good sample demo on that. You're always falling down.

From tonight.

3794643702_1e11a7e8cd.jpg

3794643630_a1245549f6.jpg

3793823309_a3bd3c64a4.jpg

3794643190_f020333c79.jpg

3794643016_ce69397f02.jpg

3793822863_938e41ca2a.jpg

3794642700_1729a11338.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Definitely gives a good impression of what those rings will do accompanying the ride vehicles. I can comfortably say that I'm pleased with them. I'm really digging the whole "concert stage lighting" feel. :)

That's what I thought. I like it fine the way it is. If it were to go all the way to the water, it would've looked prettier from CityWalk.

But it would have raised issues of sectioning off a portion of the lagoon to be drained for construction and future access, etc. Definitely a difference in money. Original plans also called for the ride to be longer, taking a *left* after the block following the loop for some helixes over the lot behind the sound stages before going right and through Twister for the existing stuff.

What will happen when the ride does open? This has been a really fun topic, and when it starts running perfect it will slowly dry up :(

....because you anticipate that it will ever run *perfectly*?

We could always use this space to get updates from The Manager At Louis Pizza on secret codes for un-publicized song options on Rockit :look:

And my source (stomach) says that the pizza I had from The Manager At Louis Pizza was miiiighty good today ;).

Seeing those rings glowing makes me wish the LED screen was still a part of the ride's budget. :/

Will you people please get it straight???!!!! It is Louie's:bang: (Italian Restaurant)...Actually have good/great reasonably priced food.....also a great place to be during Mardi Gras......it is LOUIE'S:bonk: pronounced Leweeez....ya'll are a HOOT, that's whatchooo are!! with a capital H:wave: