Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I talked to the manager of Louis Pizza's new branch in Chicago and he said that they would be turning Rip Ride Rocket into the worlds first Friday the 13th haunted attraction. They will put a tent over the whole thing and fill the entire ride with fog. :p

Rode Rockit tonight! Awesome! We got on around 8:30 tonight. Knocked my socks off. This pic is from about 6pm tonight when they said you 'might' get on. We came back later and waited much less than these people did.

Great ride. WAY better than I expected!

I have a neat pic of the crowd waiting around 6pm, but I don't know how to post it - sorry!! Tell me and I will!
http://twitpic.com/e313n

Last edited:
I thought that was just for the pre-grand opening fumigation :confused:

Wrong. It was the back-up tornado prevention plan. After not being deterred by the banner, it's hoped that fumigating killed them off.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Rode Rockit tonight! Awesome! We got on around 8:30 tonight. Knocked my socks off. This pic is from about 6pm tonight when they said you 'might' get on. We came back later and waited much less than these people did.

Great ride. WAY better than I expected!

I have a neat pic of the crowd waiting around 6pm, but I don't know how to post it - sorry!! Tell me and I will!

Upload it onto a site like Flickr, then once you get the image URL, push the yellow button on the thread tools that has like two mountain peaks and a sun - paste the URL into what pops up and that will make the picture happen for you.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Mmmmm I love the smell of Universal's fog. I hope breathing it in doesn't carry ill fated consequences later in life :p

It's Rosco fog fluid. It's not hazardous. I too enjoy the smell. :yum:

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Well I talked to the manager of Louis Pizza's new branch in Chicago and he said that they would be turning Rip Ride Rocket into the worlds first Friday the 13th haunted attraction. They will put a tent over the whole thing and fill the entire ride with fog. :p

I like that it's the first one two years after the last Friday the 13th maze.

If there's a Louis Pizza in Chicago, does that mean that it's the best one since everyone in Chicago is completely full of themselves when it comes to their pizzarias?

Oh c'mon who doesn't like a good pizza pissing match. Last time i heard, the New Yorkers thought their pizza was better because of... and I quote... "The quality of the water used to create the dough".

:p

Some pictures from today.

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

I got the impression from the video they had been waiting in line for a couple of hours? We are off out there on the 30th August for 2 weeks but have family out there on vacation right now - sending them regular updates to see if they can catch the soft opening.

I am looking forward at the possibility of riding this - would be an added bonus if it was open!

Well by the time I go in Oct the crowds will be down, the kids will be in school and everything should be running smooth. Glad to see it is finally up and running also looks like this will be the run to ride for a while.

Also Snowman I agree I hate to see people slam people on line, joking and having fun is one thing but slamming people is ridiculous this has sine i have been here been a vary nice peaceful group and I hope it stay that way.

Also waiting to see Briman and his adopted child on ride photo on HRRR....lol

Good question. I am off work tomorrow and would love to drive down and ride it but not so much wanting to drive down for nothing, kinda burnt out on universal for now.