Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Holy Land Experience

You know, I understand what Holy Land was going for, but parading an obvious white guy actor down the synthetic streets of Calvary is nothing short of sacrilegious in my book.

Well, if you go and it's not very fun you can always just drive down the street to IKEA. It's kinda like a big theme park in there anyways. The darn parking lot is as big as a theme park parking lot too.

I moved to O-Town on March 14th and drive by The Holy Land everyday. But for some reason I have yet been tempted to go. Go figure. Then again I am not a Christian. I am a militant agnostic. I don't know and you don't either.

This is their problem. If you ask me, a 'Christian' theme park shouldn't be built to cater solely for those who have already committed themselves to Christ. They should have made a park with a wider appeal to draw new people closer to Christianity. Isn't that the goal of Christians on Earth anyway? Win new souls for Christ? Hint: watching a blood-bathed mock-jew parade dramatically down the street towards his own crucifixion probably isn't the best way to reel new people in.

I am a Christian and even I don't want to visit Holy Land. Maybe its just because I'm not really active like that or overly religious but I really don't care to see them reenact something like that. It actually really creeps me out watching the video. I highly doubt I will EVER pay a visit to Holy Land.

I'm Jewish, but if I were feeling very cruel I would watch the cruxification (sp?) of Christ. :lol:

I'll post a video up that shows it and where there is even an interview of JESUS (or rather, the actor portraying him) in it.

I'm just surprised that this hasn't gone the way of Splendid China... if Epcot were to expand and add Israel (hey... thread idea :idea: ), it would be dead for sure.

I'm Jewish, but if I were feeling very cruel I would watch the cruxification (sp?) of Christ. :lol:

I'll post a video up that shows it and where there is even an interview of JESUS (or rather, the actor portraying him) in it.

I'm just surprised that this hasn't gone the way of Splendid China... if Epcot were to expand and add Israel (hey... thread idea :idea: ), it would be dead for sure.

If Epcot were to open Israel I think it would awesome BUT, unlike Holy Land, Disney would probably keep their fingers clean of the religious aspects and focus more on other cultural aspects. Holy Land is supported by more than just guests. It's supported by Christian groups all over (radio stations, book stores, Christian schools, churches, television, etc.). I don't think they'll go under if Epcot were to open Israel. I'm kinda hoping Epcot opens a new land soon though because that generic Outpost is pretty lousy.

This is an awesome movie. You can see 3 seconds of Maher interviewing Jesus in this trailer. It also shows a little bit more of Holy Land and some of the crazies he ran into. The music during the trailer is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2pGOtomGs

Yea. I sooo bought this. While hilarious, it's frightening to see just how crazy religion can make people. And, being agnostic from the get-go I couldn't help but agree with half of what he was saying.

One thing for sure, there is a nice mix of religious beliefs on OU. Now all we need is a Hindu, Muslim, and a Satanist and all will be covered.
Could make for an interesting field trip to holy land to say the least.

One thing for sure, there is a nice mix of religious beliefs on OU. Now all we need is a Hindu, Muslim, and a Satanist and all will be covered.
Could make for an interesting field trip to holy land to say the least.

Any Scientologists here? :lol:

I attend L. Ron Hoover's First Church of Appliantology.

I'll by a beer for the first person who can name where that came from without using the WikiGoogles.

I've always wanted to just go in and see what it was all about. Even though all the religion packed in there would irritate me. I'm glad I saw the video now I'm good and don't ever have to spend the, what?, $35-$40 it takes to get in there.

I always wanted to go here and plan to one of these days. I think it looks cool with the whole recreation of Jerusalem and all. But, I am a Christian, so I guess this appeals to me because of that.