Horrible Cell Phone service at UOR? | Inside Universal Forums

Horrible Cell Phone service at UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 17, 2011
West Palm Beach
I tried looking for a thread about this, couldn't find one. This past month I spent 3 days on WDW property(stayed at All-Stars Resort), and had really no issues with cell phone service. This past weekend I stay at Royal Pacific, and the service at UOR is atrocious! I know my carrier(Sprint) isn't the best, but has anyone else experienced this issue? Regardless if I was at Royal Pacific, CityWalk, or in USF/IOA, my phone seemed to be constantly roaming. What the hell?! On top of that, because my phone was consistently looking for a stronger signal, my battery life deteriorated quite quickly. Anyone have a similar issue, or perhaps have a solution for better service at UOR?

I also have Sprint.. my phone is a essentially a brick anywhere at UOR. Even in NYC, basically useless. I can't wait to switch carriers.

When I was at Disney in 2009 and had AT&T, my service wasn't great either.

During HHN my Sprint phone literally wouldn't do ANYTHING. I finally switched to Verizon and have no issues.

I'm also with Sprint and have issues all the time as well. Luckily, I can just connect to WiFi and use iMessage or Facebook Messenger. But it definitely does drain my battery...wish Sprint would hurry up and get their 4G towers in Orlando.

Sprint is the worst carrier for Central Florida. AT&T is really leading the market in 4G LTE speeds. Verizon has great coverage. Lesson = why use Sprint? lol

It's not just at UO, sprint sucks all around central Florida (and in a lot of other places).

Verizon used to be the best service on property, but ever since AT&T fired up those micro-cells they have the best service, and the Verizon service actually seems to have gone down him.

Agreed. Everyone I know with Sprint in Orlando wants to switch as soon as their contract is up. They say the service has actually gotten worse over the years, not better. I would never go with Spring in Orlando. I have AT&T and when it comes to coverage I have no issues.

Sprint in Central Florida 8-5 years ago was absolutely horrible, didn't even get reception in my apartment half the time.
T-Mobile about 5-3 years ago, they were pretty good for the most part, never really any problems.
Verizon 3 years-current very good for the most part, will drop to 3G in some indoor areas which wreaks havoc on my Galaxy S4, and very strange reception in the Fear Factor theater.

I have Verizon, works fine for me.

Ever since the micro-cells for AT&T were turned on I've had issues with and heard reports of issues with Verizon popping up here and there. It won't work in certain buildings it used to, ect.

Also during last years HHN (the first with the micro-cells on) Verizon was fairly unusable in the parks during the busier days.

I have verizon, and the only building I get no service in is Forbidden Journey. Your results may vary though.

I had T-Mobile and during HHN it was ALWAYS consistently bad. Granted, this was during the text games. I've gotten consistently better battery since switching to Verizon. I couldn't imagine having Sprint. Terrible service.