Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My anti-wishlist?

- PsychoScarepy
- Body Collectors
- Halloween (anything)
- Any returning icon
- Any of the three “Titans of Terror”
- Run
- Bloodengutz

Basically, anything that’s appeared more than twice. You missed it the first five times? Tough.

I would like to see the Collectors as a scene in a TC house. And ok, I would love to see Albert and Paulo make an appearance in some way.

Agree with your list aside from that.

Last edited:
My anti-wishlist?

- PsychoScarepy
- Body Collectors
- Halloween (anything)
- Any returning icon
- Any of the three “Titans of Terror”
- Run
- Bloodengutz

Basically, anything that’s appeared more than twice. You missed it the first five times? Tough.

I get this list apart from Bloodengutz.

I even like what I have seen of the things mentioned here (only been coming since 2009), but I would be fine with the Gentlemen being retired and to have Shadybrook shut down for good.

Still, all that being said, I would enjoy having Bloodengutz back.

And as much as people want a Leave it 2 Cleaver, I would prefer to see a second Zombiegeddon

In fact, I am much more interested in sequels to Original concepts or new Original concepts than I am in any actual IP houses at this point.

If I was forced to pick some IPs, the few remaining ones I would like to see are as follows:

Gremlins
Candyman
Creepshow

And that really sums it up.

But Originals?

Hive 2
Zombiegeddon 2
Leave it 2 Cleaver
Bloodengutz 2: Slaughter Sinema
Scarecrow 2
Catacombs 2

Also, give me Originals that can give me that uncomfortable feeling I first got walking through Orfanage or Dollhouse of the Damned. Not sequels, per se, but something that has that feeling.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I get this list apart from Bloodengutz.

I even like what I have seen of the things mentioned here (only been coming since 2009), but I would be fine with the Gentlemen being retired and to have Shadybrook shut down for good.

Still, all that being said, I would enjoy having Bloodengutz back.

And as much as people want a Leave it 2 Cleaver, I would prefer to see a second Zombiegeddon

In fact, I am much more interested in sequels to Original concepts or new Original concepts than I am in any actual IP houses at this point.

If I was forced to pick some IPs, the few remaining ones I would like to see are as follows:

Gremlins
Candyman
Creepshow

And that really sums it up.

But Originals?

Hive 2
Zombiegeddon 2
Leave it 2 Cleaver
Bloodengutz 2: Slaughter Sinema
Scarecrow 2
Catacombs 2

Also, give me Originals that can give me that uncomfortable feeling I first got walking through Orfanage or Dollhouse of the Damned. Not sequels, per se, but something that has that feeling.
I hate Bloodengutz for personal reasons.

I hate Bloodengutz for personal reasons.

So that’s two houses you hated that year for personal reasons?

I myself think it’s best not to do a Bloodengutz sequel for previously stated reasons.

But overall, I’m with you that it’s time for new ideas.

Aside from WB already having its own event (and Marvel being in IoA), does anything hold back DC characters from finding their way into a future house/scarezone?

I've always felt that Jack & Chance were quite clearly an homage to Joker & Harley Quinn, and after seeing Birds of Prey recently I'm thinking of how cool a house based on Joker/Harley/Batman/Arkham would be.

Aside from WB already having its own event (and Marvel being in IoA), does anything hold back DC characters from finding their way into a future house/scarezone?

I've always felt that Jack & Chance were quite clearly an homage to Joker & Harley Quinn, and after seeing Birds of Prey recently I'm thinking of how cool a house based on Joker/Harley/Batman/Arkham would be.
It’s Marvel. Full-stop. Universal won’t risk giving Disney an excuse to pull the rights, and purchasing/promoting a direct competitor in that specific medium is a massive risk.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It’s Marvel. Full-stop. Universal won’t risk giving Disney an excuse to pull the rights, and purchasing/promoting a direct competitor in that specific medium is a massive risk.
Alright so to spin it the other way, is there wiggle room for a house based off Marvel characters? Or is that just not worth the potential risk?

Alright so to spin it the other way, is there wiggle room for a house based off Marvel characters? Or is that just not worth the potential risk?
Nope. Marvel, before Disney purchased them, wasn’t happy with the usage and implied they would pull rights if Universal used the characters for HHN again. Disney, who now owns Marvel, wouldn’t play to allow Universal to use Halloween for HHN. They’re not going to allow Marvel.

Basically, DC and Marvel are off the table for the foreseeable future.

Does this count for Orlando only or would Marvel throw a fit if Hollywood (where Marvel hasn't lived since long before the Disney purchase) did a DC maze? Murdy has said he's open to doing a DC maze in the future..

Does this count for Orlando only or would Marvel throw a fit if Hollywood (where Marvel hasn't lived since long before the Disney purchase) did a DC maze? Murdy has said he's open to doing a DC maze in the future..
Disney would have far less of a legal argument.

I would love for a bigger Universal Monsters House. Put it in a SS with bigger set and have all the Monsters.

Parade 2 actually has the most space for a single house compared to the sound stages.
I don’t want it in a SS since it’s bigger, I just want bigger sets and I want it in a SS so it’s in front of the park.

Last edited:
Updated. Really want to see a couple of fresh, inventive ideas to balance nostalgia and IPs--actually in my dream idea, there would be more "new" originals than callbacks. I can dream right?

The only way Universal could use DC is in the studios park. Plus remember Universal did plan to use both DC comics, and Looney Tunes in Islands of Adventure before.

So I don’t wanna see another Halloween house but I did have a idea for a Central Park scarezone kinda like trick r treat. Have a sign that says welcome to haddonfield walk among the houses with trick r treaters and Laurie and loomis and cops warning you of Micheal and just have a single Micheal in the zone. Think it would be kinda cool

IP’s:
-The Ring series.. but give it a surrealist spin like the exorcist at hhn26 would be cool if they had you actually enter the tape.
-the strangers
-A24 compilation house
-Suspiria 2018 and also the original
- gremlins
-scream
- the conjuring 1&2
-cabin in the woods but make it bigger and better
- 13 ghosts
- haunting of hill house
- the grudge
- nightmare on elm street
- candyman
- bride of chucky?
- American horror story cult and 1985
ORIGINALS:
-American gothic but in house form... have scenes with the headless horseman, witches, Lizzie Borden.... American folktales
- Japanese urban legends house
- have the skool or orfanage come back in some way
- love to see a grown evil house set in a lab where a mad scientist is combining animals and plants with humans
- slaughter cinema 2
-

Reactions: Andromeda
Pooka.

I want a Pooka house. The first movie had enough by itself, but with a sequel it has plenty.

does anybody else think that the music/lore of poppy could be suitable for the HHN treatment? i once told this to my friends as a joke, but now i’m actually thinking that it could be a surprisingly good house idea. it could really pull from techno-horrors like pulse and videodrome in a storyline about the “corruption of software” similar to how poppy’s music has transitioned from bubblegum pop to heavy metal. the only problems i really see are either her being too niche for HHN or the weird rights issues to her music caused by her ex-manager.

Pooka.

I want a Pooka house. The first movie had enough by itself, but with a sequel it has plenty.

I had to look it up. Um...ok!

(But I would prefer THIS Pooka)
3722296_0.jpg
does anybody else think that the music/lore of poppy could be suitable for the HHN treatment? i once told this to my friends as a joke, but now i’m actually thinking that it could be a surprisingly good house idea. it could really pull from techno-horrors like pulse and videodrome in a storyline about the “corruption of software” similar to how poppy’s music has transitioned from bubblegum pop to heavy metal. the only problems i really see are either her being too niche for HHN or the weird rights issues to her music caused by her ex-manager.

Never heard.