Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

Submitted for y’all’s approval:

Eagles: Hotel California

What happens when too much is never enough? Venture, if you dare, deeper and deeper into the greatest tragedy the Hollywood Hills have ever known: that of the residents of the Hotel California.

The façade would be the “doorway” from the song but you’d see the larger building, like on the album cover, in the background (you would absolutely hear the mission bell).

The foyer/front desk would 100% have a Gothic portrait of [insert whatever Eagles lineup], maybe a plaque reading “OUR FOUNDERS”.

Was thinking of a scare, tying into the line, “mirrors on the ceiling”, that worked like the Phantom wall from last year’s Monsters house, except you have a scareactor suspended above you, revealed to be “within” the mirror.

“They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kill the beast” designs itself.

The façade would be the “doorway” from the song but you’d see the larger building, like on the album cover, in the background (you would absolutely hear the mission bell).

The foyer/front desk would 100% have a Gothic portrait of [insert whatever Eagles lineup], maybe a plaque reading “OUR FOUNDERS”.

Was thinking of a scare, tying into the line, “mirrors on the ceiling”, that worked like the Phantom wall from last year’s Monsters house, except you have a scareactor suspended above you, revealed to be “within” the mirror.

“They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t kill the beast” designs itself.

I don't want to poopoo on anyone's ideas but....

:huh:

So something kinda sorta different, but still fitting for this thread: suppose you had to pick nine houses throughout HHN's history to fit the current locations (for this year) minus Shrek, to become permanent attractions--the most quintessential houses from HHN's history. What would you pick?

So something kinda sorta different, but still fitting for this thread: suppose you had to pick nine houses throughout HHN's history to fit the current locations (for this year) minus Shrek, to become permanent attractions--the most quintessential houses from HHN's history. What would you pick?
Like rides? or walkthroughs?

My list would change depending

I'd love for a super mega Evil Dead house in one of the double soundstages, taking up the entire space.

The house would start outside with woods around the last 30 or so feet of outdoor queue. Just a ton of smoke and sound effects.

Walk into SS and there's a giant tree with roots all over the place and then a couple rooms from the first movie. Then, interior facade #1 is the cabin that you go into and it's Evil Dead 2 for about half the SS. Then you walk through the vomit vortex as you go back through time with Ash and come out to facade #2, the castle from Army of Darkness. The rest of the SS is from that movie. Then at the end, when you exit the house, there's an old RV that Ash from Ash vs Evil Dead or the demonic old lady comes flying out of as a post-house scare.

I just think it would be cool to have the largest house ever, have little nods to the original Evil Dead and the Ash vs Evil Dead series, and some outdoor extensions. I'd leave the remake/reboot out of it and have it just be the Bruce Campbell stuff.

People are clowning on this idea but I think it actually sounds great. I feel it'd have to go for more of an original vibe than purely based on the song but it could definitely work if given the right balance of IP to Original. Really creative :)

Since it’s 9 days until Christmas, and I’m reminded of how creepy I find the song “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” to be, I wish I could walk through a ridiculous haunt themed after what happens when demonic kids don’t get their Turbo Man dolls or Santa and the elves revolt or whatever.

Since it’s 9 days until Christmas, and I’m reminded of how creepy I find the song “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” to be, I wish I could walk through a ridiculous haunt themed after what happens when demonic kids don’t get their Turbo Man dolls or Santa and the elves revolt or whatever.

My Super Sweet 16 probably gives a good idea. ;)

YES PLEASE.

On that theme, Rare Exports could be a neat house.

I'm imagining you taking the place of one of the "Elves" ala Poltergeist; you start the house being dug up by the mining company, then you see other elves kidnapping children and eating the deer; finally you get the confrontation with Joulupukki/Santa Claus in ice. The last scene is you getting packaged into one of the boxes to be shipped off around the world.

On that theme, Rare Exports could be a neat house.

I'm imagining you taking the place of one of the "Elves" ala Poltergeist; you start the house being dug up by the mining company, then you see other elves kidnapping children and eating the deer; finally you get the confrontation with Joulupukki/Santa Claus in ice. The last scene is you getting packaged into one of the boxes to be shipped off around the world.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

I just watched Freaky the other day and it had some Friday the 13th vibes. I'm not sure how great of a house it would make but it did make me want to see HHN create their own slasher that has some crazy kills!

My one and only wish this year. They take the opportunity of losing the Billie house, and flip it to Scream.

Well...I guess two wishes. That, and that the event actually happens in (mostly) full this year.

My one and only wish this year. They take the opportunity of losing the Billie house, and flip it to Scream.

Well...I guess two wishes. That, and that the event actually happens in (mostly) full this year.
Scream is top of my wish list as well.

Although it feels like one of those things that just will never happen. :(