House of Horrors Replacement | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd rather not post a graphic image so I'll describe a "hybrid" ride/haunt concept. What if the maze controlled pedestrian flow by a "meat hook" conveyor system. Riders would put on a jacket that was attached to an overhead track and they would be forced to keep a pace through the maze. Just a thought...

I just don't see it being a ride for many reasons. The shape of the building for one, does not lend itself to being a ride. Generally ride based show buildings are box shaped to maximize scene space, not elongated. Also, i have a lot of issues with them opening a tiny dark-ride directly after potter. I just don't see them taking that kind of risk. Lastly, one would think that if they wanted to go big, they would have finally gotten special events to let go of the Globe and utilize that space as well. Adding the globe would have given them a total of 30-35,000 sq feet which is comparable to the Haunted Mansion's show-building at Disneyland.

Who knows what it'll be. But I am still leaning towards walk-through attraction/exhibit.

The idea of following up Potter with a walkthrough haunt kind of boggles my mind. It's easily one of the most counter-intiuative moves the park could make at a rather critical junction.

Kill the Globe theatre and give us a high-capacity ride. If they want to be taken seriously in the industry with what those price increases and even the presence of Potter entails, then they shouldn't take a half-measure like this. 

Hell, I'd take that Singapore Sesame Street ride over a Walking Dead year-round haunt.

They're probably keeping the Globe theater for any future Harry Potter related events, no? Like those Harry Potter weekends with the HP cast could do a Q and A in there.

They could (and have) use the Castle Theatre if they wanted to. The immediate appeal of the Globe is the chance to do a red carpet just outside and easy access but the ever-increasing needs of the theme park should far outweigh that. 

I guess we just have to wait and see if and when Universal agrees with that.

For this thing to have been in development for as long as it's been, I sure as heck hope it's a ride and not another walk through. Maybe it's something along the lines of MIB/Toy Story Midway Mania?

Reactions: Aaron and chris.g
This is John Murdy we're talking about. He's busy with HHN so he would only be able to work on this on the side. I think it will be a walk thru experience. 

From what his tweets have hinted in the past, he's spent a lot of time on this project. Murdy is the Creative Director for Halloween Horror Nights but he's always working on other stuff around the park too. 

From what his tweets have hinted in the past, he's spent a lot of time on this project. Murdy is the Creative Director for Halloween Horror Nights but he's always working on other stuff around the park too. 

True, but I'm still on the camp that this will be more of a Biohazard experience rather than an actual ride. For one thing, there's not a ton of space to work with. If they did want to make an MIB-like ride, they would give us something on that scale. I doubt they would have us settle for a downgrade in terms of scale knowing how Comcast is. 

Reactions: Aaron
As much as I feel it's a maze coming, I have the idea that Murdy may surprise us with a dark ride of sorts. 

As much as I feel it's a maze coming, I have the idea that Murdy may surprise us with a dark ride of sorts. 

I kept hearing persistent rumors  about a Monsters ride coming in some form to USH. If it is an omnimover system monsters ride, I can totally see that going in the proposed space for next year. It would be very high capacity and would fit in very well with the Baker Street environment. Plus, they have the space to have it on two floors. 

I'm terrible when it comes to "inside information" but I'd rather we get a monsters dark ride than a monsters walk-thru. Who knows? Maybe they were gong to do TWD but decided to do something else? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
What's so confusing about this project is how long Murdy has been hinting at this and how large the building is. There's a good chance it's just a walk-through attraction but everything we have seen up to this point suggests something bigger in scale. But would Universal make a TWD attraction when another TWD ride from Sally is on the market?

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Murdy hasn't confirmed what year this will be opening, has he? What if something has yet to be knocked down or relocated in order to make room for this new attraction, similar to how they announced WWoHP?

Last edited by a moderator: