Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
Like I can see most old uni franchises come back. BTTF literally has no chance whatsoever. Unless if the reboot kills it then you can kiss doc and Marty goodbye. If you also think there is a chance that Simpsons could one day be replaced by a hill valley land then it's time to go to a doctor. The truth hurts

Like I can see most old uni franchises come back. BTTF literally has no chance whatsoever. Unless if the reboot kills it then you can kiss doc and Marty goodbye. If you also think there is a chance that Simpsons could one day be replaced by a hill valley land then it's time to go to a doctor. The truth hurts

Let's be real, unless you're The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the four mountains (Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Matterhorn), or Indiana Jones Adventure, you aren't truly safe. Even Spaceship Earth was looked at for replacement. Nothing else is immortal, in any theme park.

Reactions: Ash
Let's be real, unless you're The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the four mountains (Big Thunder, Splash, Space, Matterhorn), or Indiana Jones Adventure, you aren't truly safe. Even Spaceship Earth was looked at for replacement. Nothing else is immortal, in any theme park.
100% agree, everything is on the chopping block and I kinda love it. We live in a great era, don't dwell on the past

I also agree, nothing is safe what-so-ever but as it stands right now, they invested capital on revitalizing a part of a area and made it around a ride. Simpsons is staying.. That said. I did love BTTF but I understood that it wouldn't make sense because it was starting to get dated. It might of been a good thing to let the property go for something else like Simpsons.

100% agree, everything is on the chopping block and I kinda love it. We live in a great era, don't dwell on the past

I don't think that anyone is "dwelling" on anything.......but it might be a good idea to recognize that not everything "new" is necessarily "better". Everything is so disposable these days......it's pretty pathetic.

When BTTF was on its last legs, you could tell it was on its last legs. USH version seemed a tiny bit better kept than USO. I wonder how the USJ version is holding up.

BTTF was a terrible ride...time to move on...Universal dosen't care if you return though

obvious troll is obvious
I'm not a troll, get your facts straight.. I'm not paying the high price to go to a theme park that is not even making rides based on films anymore or films I could care less for. So yeah.. you just Been served.

That's your opinion.

BTTF was an awesome ride back in the day, and also my favorite in the 90's. it definitely would have needed a serious update had they decided to keep it running today. Honestly, I think an indoor launch coaster would have been a better ride with a longer lifespan over a simulator.
Thank you. ☺

I definitely wouldn't say it was a terrible ride. But, it's kinda pathetic to
Be saying you would "never go back" to universal since they closed it
well why should I go back there when all my favorite rides are being scrapped Into the cruddy films and talk shows we have now..? You feel me?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are triple-posting..on a thread that has been dead for two nearly two and a half year's.

new-why-gif-485.gif

With the success of Springfield for both Orlando and Hollywood, and with the removal of the attraction for a nicely themed Despicable Me land; I don't see Back To The Future returning.

Does that mean Springfield and the upcoming Despicable Me land at Osaka is safe? There are a lot variables to factor, but with both being insanely popular IP's that there is a crowd for; I don't see it leaving anytime soon. Especially with the major investments put into it throughout the past few years, both at USH and UOR in-terms of Simpsons.

And as for Despicable Me, it is one of their shining jewel's of IP's right now, and it's in-house. Not even wondering about how much it makes, I think it will be safe for the time being; unless if the film severely tanks that is coming out this year.

If anyone still wants the taste of BTTF The Ride, I highly check out this video, which is a full 4K remaster of the attractions IMAX film. If you have the screen for it, check it out and you may love it.

I have PSVR and there is a YouTube video where you can sit inside the delorean (with the rides internal monitor) and this video plays on the outside of the vehicle.
It's as close as we'll ever get again!

BTTF was awesome.
Springfield is awesome land. (I've never watched the Simpsons so its a bit odd for me)
Simpsons ride is absolutely trash. But it works with Springfield. BTTF didn't have that "Entire land" atmosphere unfortunately (World Expo Doesnt Count)

Strange. It's weird to hear an American +/- 15 years my age (33) that has never seen the simpsons. I understand someone not liking it, or not caring- but to never watch it is a pretty decent accomplishment. :)
Only time I've seen it is when I have eaten the two or three times t the restaurant in Springfield. I just couldn't get into them. Even more amazing? My partner has never watched them either. My household was kind of strict so that may play into it.

A Springfield dark ride is definitely needed...I would totes knock down the Simpsons Ride and restart

The IP is very much alive

It seems that a Simpsons Movie 2, would most likely happen by the end of the series. They had a similar situation to when Camp Krusty was in development, that occured back at 2015. They held back the release of the episode, "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"; as they originally had heavily considered the possibility of converting that episode to a proper film sequel.

I am not going to be surprised, that a film is still heavily considered; and that we will eventually see it happen. So yes, it still is alive as it can be; and especially with the show now going over 30 seasons come past 2019.

To put it in perspective, Spongebob's first film was in 2004 and it took them ten year's for them to make a proper film sequel. And it is now only taking only five years for the third sequel to come out.

And, it's now taking about to the length of seven seasons that Hasbro is finally going foward with a film version of their hit TV version of My Little Pony that has captivated male and female demographics of all ages.

The point being, is that you shouldnt underestimate how long things can go, and that it is going to be exciting to see when they eventually go back to doing more Simpsons films, as it will give potentially more motive to expand off the Orlando themed area.

Last edited:
I'm surprised ET is still around. I know that's based on a hit movie but that's a ride that feels outdated too. I thought that would have went before BttF.

I believe there's some weird issue with Spielberg and the E.T ride. He acts as a consultant for the parks and is close to Universal from a film stand point and I think that relationship is why ET still stands. I think he's told them he will be pissed AF if they remove E.T. I think when Hollywoods was removed he had a fit. I'm sure the day Spielberg croaks the ride will close.

You are trying to rationalize with someone who just angrily drug up a 2 and a half year old dead post....

You are triple-posting..on a thread that has been dead for two nearly two and a half year's.

new-why-gif-485.gif

With the success of Springfield for both Orlando and Hollywood, and with the removal of the attraction for a nicely themed Despicable Me land; I don't see Back To The Future returning.

Does that mean Springfield and the upcoming Despicable Me land at Osaka is safe? There are a lot variables to factor, but with both being insanely popular IP's that there is a crowd for; I don't see it leaving anytime soon. Especially with the major investments put into it throughout the past few years, both at USH and UOR in-terms of Simpsons.

And as for Despicable Me, it is one of their shining jewel's of IP's right now, and it's in-house. Not even wondering about how much it makes, I think it will be safe for the time being; unless if the film severely tanks that is coming out this year.