How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
i can see this only lasting a ten year maximum, such an easy ride to quickly change into a new theme or design.

but to be fair i can see simulators (large screen ones) dying out very soon once the 3D disney star tours simulators start getting produced by different companies.

once this is done i can see either as the previous posts have stated (the kong new part of the tram tour in Hollywood) or a whole new theme such as a new production such as Cowboys & Aliens. or Battleship (2012 film based on the board game).

but i can see the simulator in its current state dying and being replaced by a more 360 3D experience.

Last edited:
I think the ride is cool but...I could not believe how awful the view is from the bottom level. I had to lean to the side to see the whole screen and then crane my neck to see some of the action

This is turning into a very boring rides for most park fans as in the 3rd-5th ride through it gets boring as the ride is mostly on the jokes and the simulator is too simple also the story is lacking so it's only good if you are a loving fan of the simpsons and never rode the ride other than that its easily skipable.

BTTF is my favourite movie so I was gutted the ride went. And even more gutted that the Simpsons was just a carbon copy of BTTF. All the bumps were in the same place, even going into Maggies mouth was the same as when you went into the dinosaurs mouth on BTTF. The art and design of the cars, building and interior is great but the ride was just boring as it was basically BTTF. Should never have changed, and Simpsons is in decline because of the rise of Family Guy. Sorry Universal but you got this one wrong. Been on it once, and probably won't bother queueing for it again

BTTF is my favourite movie so I was gutted the ride went. And even more gutted that the Simpsons was just a carbon copy of BTTF. All the bumps were in the same place, even going into Maggies mouth was the same as when you went into the dinosaurs mouth on BTTF. The art and design of the cars, building and interior is great but the ride was just boring as it was basically BTTF. Should never have changed, and Simpsons is in decline because of the rise of Family Guy. Sorry Universal but you got this one wrong. Been on it once, and probably won't bother queueing for it again

I'm almost certain that Simpsons does not have the same ride profile as BTTF... Maggie swallowing you is more of a tribute to the dinosaur.

Simpsons aren't as popular as they used to be, sure, but they're engrained in pop culture and sell a LOT of merchandise. People always queue up to see the (VERY RECOGNIZABLE) characters. I disagree with the decision to replace BTTF, but, the ride works for what Universal wanted.

The Simpsons are in the decline because of the writing. The show has lost it's touch in most cases. That's what happens when you run for so long.

The Simpsons are in the decline because of the writing. The show has lost it's touch in most cases. That's what happens when you run for so long.

Have you watched it at all in the past 2 years?

Because I can't agree. There were a few poor years, that's for sure, but the past 2 or 3 have really returned to form.

I like "The Simpsons" but I think it's time Universal thinks bigger with Dreamworks and move some of it over to that side of the park. Put Despicable Me on THAT screen. Doze the animal show and add something Dreamworks there as well (Kungfu Panda?). Convert Fievel's play area to How to Train Your Dragon where you can ride Toothless (Woody's coaster). Fievel is nostalgic and all but I feel Dreamworks is a great, respectable route to go.

^ i think dream works will be working its way out of the unites states parks in the next couple of years, they recently launched a location based entertainment branch. (so i would assume they will be making some FEC's and themed Hotels) using the dream works properties.

Even tho I really like this ride I only went with 5-10 years after riding Star Tours 2 lasy May I was really impressed & after my third ride on this I uselly get bored I wish Universal would get a motion sim like Star Tours with the random ride sequences

Just throwing it out there this ride had both domes open during my previous two visits and still had waits in excess of 45 mins. It's still popular and people enjoy it. Personally I don't but hey it eats some crowds up.

Just throwing it out there this ride had both domes open during my previous two visits and still had waits in excess of 45 mins. It's still popular and people enjoy it. Personally I don't but hey it eats some crowds up.

Every time I walked by BttF with a 15 minute or less wait, my heart sunk knowing its days were number. But looks good the Simpons....

Yea everytime Ive gone it's been upwards of an hour wait, I personally only ride it just to not have to sit around and wait. I mean it's funny but the ride itself is a pain. I'd really like to see something different in terms of ride type come there. I know that's a massive stretch but hey..a man can dream

- - - Updated - - -

Yea everytime Ive gone it's been upwards of an hour wait, I personally only ride it just to not have to sit around and wait. I mean it's funny but the ride itself is a pain. I'd really like to see something different in terms of ride type come there. I know that's a massive stretch but hey..a man can dream