How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From the director,

It was very deliberate that each installment of Hiccup’s growth features a rite of passage. The first movie was about learning to accept yourself, in spite of your weaknesses. The second movie was about the transition of youthful abandon to adulthood. The third movie focuses on — it’s about finding the courage to let go. That in itself is a universal rite of passage. Whether they are faced with letting go of insecurities, or those who follow their destiny.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It seems like a win internationally.

DreamWorks Animation’s ‘How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ Takes Flight Overseas | Animation World Network

Universal Pictures’ highly-anticipated first release from DreamWorks Animation, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, began its international roll out in Australia and New Zealand on Wednesday to take advantage of the peak summer holiday season, and early results are outstanding.

The film’s debut in Australia, which brought in an estimated 1.5 million from 286 locations, ranks as DreamWorks Animation’s biggest opening day of all time, surpassing Shrek 2, as well as the third-biggest animation opening day of all time, the second-biggest January opening day ever, the biggest opening in the Dragons franchise -- more than four times the opening day of How to Train Your Dragon 2 -- and Universal Pictures’ sixth-biggest opening day of all time. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is ranked number one in the market, ahead of the second Thursday of Aquaman and more than double the opening Thursday of Mary Poppins.

Bringing in an estimated $173,000 from 90 locations, the film’s opening in New Zealand ranks as DreamWorks Animation’s second-biggest opening day of all time behind Shrek 2, the third-biggest animation opening day of all time, the second-biggest January opening day, the biggest opening in the Dragons franchise -- more than three times the opening day of How to Train Your Dragon 2-- and Universal Pictures’ ninth-biggest opening day of all time

Its been out for two weeks here in Korea now and I just have to say, it is one of the most beautiful animated movies i have. I watched it Korean dubbed so I can't say much on the English voice acting but the Korean one was quite fantastic.

This film series..has a lot of meaning to me.

I saw the first when I was 9. I was amazed at how much the film was a spectacle.

The second, I had to wait until digital for rent, and I got angry. Because for me, the second was even better.

And here I am, out of the final film..and I am so freaking happy that they did this series right.

Props to Universal for letting DWA go full-on in the finale, as this film makes the trilogy, one of my absolute favorites.

This film series..has a lot of meaning to me.

I saw the first when I was 9. I was amazed at how much the film was a spectacle.

Huh but the first film came out as I was graduating High School and that was just the other day right? Oh, God...

On a lighter note the film looks good fun and I am hope to catch it before it leaves theaters.