Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2013 Speculation

hildyp0824

Premium Member
Aug 20, 2009
I received my audition email for return scareactors for Howl O Scream 2013. They will be held the weekend of 7.11.13
Not sure I'm going to audition this year
Just wanted to share the information

We Want you back!
As a former frightening feature of our Scare Squad for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay, you are cordially invited to attend an exclusive HOS 2013 Reunion Audition. Mark your calendars! Come and audition for Howl-O-Scream 2013 before anyone else!

Reunion auditions for Actors will be held on the following dates.
Please apply on-line at www.BuschGardensTalent.com as soon as possible as auditions fill up quickly:
Thursday July 11, 2013 from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday July 12, 2013 from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Saturday July 13, 2013 from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Technicians and Stage Managers
May interview on the preceding dates and times as well as Thursday May 2, 2013, Thursday June 6, 2013, or Thursday August 1, 2013 from 9:30am – 11:30am. Go to www.BuschGardensTalent.com approximately one month prior to each of these interview dates in order to submit your online application and schedule your interview.

This year you must apply on-line at www.buschgardensjobs.com prior to arriving for Reunion Auditions. This will help us streamline our audition process. Failure to do so may result in being put on a waiting list the day you audition or being asked to return to a later audition date. When you work your way through this on-line process, you will be prompted to select an audition date. The number of people allowed for each date is limited so we encourage you to apply early. Once the reunion dates are full, you are welcome and encouraged to attend the HOS auditions in August.

The Reunion Audition gives you the chance to be seen first and get an early shot at adding Howl-O-Scream 2013 to your resume. Auditions will start at the Busch Gardens Human Resources building. Please come prepared for a very physical audition and to show how scary and creative you can be. The auditions may include some of the attached physical warm-ups as safety is job number one at HOS. Due to the popularity of working this event, please be prepared for long wait times to audition. We want to give every applicant equal time to perform, so your patience will be greatly appreciated.

The Reunion Audition is also an excellent opportunity for you to reunite with the fellow “fiends” you have worked with through the years. Be sure to bring your photos and stories to share. We look forward to hearing all of the amazing memories you have from the event.

Having scared us before, you know what it takes to create this frightening, fun event. We need folks who show up on time, can commit to working all nights of the event, and most importantly, love Halloween. If you know someone who has not worked here before, is at least 18 years old and you think is a perfect ghoul, feel free to invite them to come to the Reunion Audition with you. They will fill out their application at the audition and must be with a returning HOS performer.

Bookmark post! It looks like 2013 might finally be the year I attend HOS! I've been going to HHN for many years, and it's about time to check out the competition :sneaky:

I have my handy AP (SWO+BGT) this year, so I'm wondering what are typically the HOS ticket offers or discounts for pass holders? :cheers:

Bookmark post! It looks like 2013 might finally be the year I attend HOS! I've been going to HHN for many years, and it's about time to check out the competition :sneaky:

I have my handy AP (SWO+BGT) this year, so I'm wondering what are typically the HOS ticket offers or discounts for pass holders? :cheers:

Looking back at last year's info, tickets were $34.99 for passholders. In comparison, the online price for a regular ticket was $54.99 and the walk-up price was $79.99. Platinum passholders get Freaky Preview free while other passholders can get a ticket for $29.99.

Last year's ticket page: http://www.howloscream.com/tampa/homepage/event-tickets.aspx

Looking back at last year's info, tickets were $34.99 for passholders. In comparison, the online price for a regular ticket was $54.99 and the walk-up price was $79.99. Platinum passholders get Freaky Preview free while other passholders can get a ticket for $29.99.

Last year's ticket page: http://www.howloscream.com/tampa/homepage/event-tickets.aspx

Sounds like some awesome deals! Thanks for the info, Tbad! :thumbs:

Yes pass holders get discounts.
If you go you must do the Fright Feast and if you can the VIP tour, its expensive, is SOOO worth it.

Sounds good! The official sites don't have the info, but I found this blog post from last year. Is this what the VIP tour usually costs and what it usually includes?

The Super All-Inclusive Tour, at $81 per person ($73 per passmember) includes:
Admission to Howl-O-Scream (A $79.99 value!)
Front-of-the-line access to all 6 haunted houses
Complimentary drinks at private locations throughout the park
A complimentary photo to remember your terrifyingly awesome night!
20% off Gift Shop merchandise throughout Busch Gardens! (Make sure you stop by the Howl-O-Scream Shop of Horrors for terrifically terrifying treasures!)

Want to make it a private party?
Get a group of 15 together to make a VIP Tour private and let your guide do all the work for you!

Is your group coaster crazy too? Upgrade to a Mega All-Inclusive Tour and skip the lines for Cheetah Hunt, Montu, Kumba, Gwazi, & Sheikra!

Last year me and the GF did the $199 tour(everything included, you won't spend another penny) it was just her and I and it was beyond fun.
What ride do you want to ride and where do you want to sit.... OK wait- hell no- front of the line and take what ever seat you want! What house do you want to see... front of the line. Thirsty beer/water/soda included as well as snack in several areas through out the park.

Last year me and the GF did the $199 tour(everything included, you won't spend another penny) it was just her and I and it was beyond fun.
What ride do you want to ride and where do you want to sit.... OK wait- hell no- front of the line and take what ever seat you want! What house do you want to see... front of the line. Thirsty beer/water/soda included as well as snack in several areas through out the park.

That sounds awesome! And indeed, a bit pricey, but worth it. I will have to weigh in the different VIP packages. In addition to HoS, my best friend has also been trying to convince me to get the FFP+Express this year. It's gonna be an expensive Halloween in 2013 :lol:

I have done that tour, it is amazing.

And for those of you of age, as indicated beer included.... all night.

For the cheapos out there (like me) check out the Thursday night 4 pack special! For the past couple years, they've offered four tickets for any Thurs night for $25 each! You can enter as early as six, get some coasters with almost nobody in the park. We've been able to do almost every house in a couple hours, traffic is really light on Thurs, so no hour+ lines anywhere. Hopefully it's offered again this year:)

Official Press Release:

Once every century, on precisely the thirteenth year, evil comes out to play. This fall, for 14 select nights, Howl-O-Scream® 2013 returns to Busch Gardens® Tampa with tormenting surprises around every corner and unexpected terrors.
Opening weekend for Howl-O-Scream 2013 is Friday and Saturday, Sept. 27 and 28. The event then runs Thursday through Saturday nights, Oct. 3-5, 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26. Operating hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thursday nights and 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.

Busch Gardens’ 335 acres will be overgrown with dark, sinister, adult-targeted fun and the chance to ride adrenaline-fuelled coasters at night, including Florida’s first triple-launch coaster, Cheetah Hunt.

Get your tickets early and save on a single terrifying night at Howl-O-Scream 2013. For a limited time, any single-day admission to Howl-O-Scream 2013 is $47. Or, if you’re scared to go alone, you and three friends can save on a pack of four tickets to Howl-O-Scream on Thursdays for only $30 per person.Busch Gardens Tampa pass members can take advantage of their exclusive discount on any single-day admission to Howl-O-Scream for only $37.

Howl-O-Scream is a separate ticketed night event. No costumes are allowed. For guest information, visit HowlOScream.com or call 1-888-800-5447

If you know someone who has not worked here before, is at least 18 years old and you think is a perfect ghoul, feel free to invite them to come to the Reunion Audition with you. They will fill out their application at the audition and must be with a returning HOS performer.

If you decide to audition again, feel free to invite me to go with you. I'm auditioning anyway and would love the chance to go early. :)

Good Luck, I am friend with a number of people who work at HOS and they are a very dedicated group of people who really put a lot of passion in there roles. Amazed at how many have been there 8 or more years.

This question is related to being on the scare squad. Do they have rolls like ABU like HHN does (even though HHN will not have ABU this year), or is it all full time?

This question is related to being on the scare squad. Do they have rolls like ABU like HHN does (even though HHN will not have ABU this year), or is it all full time?

They have sub roles but they ask that you commit to as many nights of the event as possible. Normally, when you audition, if you need any nights off, they will place you in a sub role.