Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2013 Speculation

Theres to be 8 houses this year. 1 up-charge house(The Experiment), 2 new houses (Death Water Bayou and The Basement), along with 5 returning houses(Circus Of Superstition 3D,Blood Asylum,Zombie Mortuary,Nevermore,and Ultimate Gamble.) Scarezones are suppose to return along with the roaming hoardes. The 13 icons are to be scattered into the event whether it be a house or the streets.

That sounds great! :cheers:

Theres to be 8 houses this year. 1 up-charge house(The Experiment), 2 new houses (Death Water Bayou and The Basement), along with 5 returning houses(Circus Of Superstition 3D,Blood Asylum,Zombie Mortuary,Nevermore,and Ultimate Gamble.) Scarezones are suppose to return along with the roaming hoardes. The 13 icons are to be scattered into the event whether it be a house or the streets.
Strong line-up...minus Ultimate Gamble
I hope The Basement does not resemble Trapped too much

RIP NightShade

From today's reveal:

"The Torturer will be joined by The Hangman in the scare zone, Pain Lane:

Torture, torment and pain line this sinister street as the #13 Torturer and #12 Hangman stalk their prey in the shadows of this dark and sinister alley.

Here, pain-inducing devices are the toys of the twisted and screams are surrounded by haunting silence. Will you escape this playground of pain before the #13 Torturer and #12 Hangman find you?"

So, scare zones are confirmed to be happening, and Pain Lane sounds awesome! The "pain-inducing devices," as well as these two of the 13 Evil sound like they're gonna be great for photo-ops! :thumbs:

BTW, the website has been updated with sections for Haunted Houses and Scare Zones.

Last edited:
So you are saying the bumper cars are coming back?

No the bumper cars will not be used as a house location. Upcharge house The Experiment will be in Tuts Tomb and The Basement is moving into the Bird Gardens(Alones old location) while Death Water Bayou moves into the Morocco building (Nightshades old location). All the other returning houses will be in their same locations. Im not so sure where the scarezones will be located yet. :smiley:

Now I think bringing a House back to The Bird gardens is Great! Now when will we see If Fiends returns as a Dinner show or if we get a New Show there this year. Also i hope the disaster of no Pumpkin Cheesecake at fright feast doesn't happen again after the disaster of 2 years ago. Only My X house was a worse disaster,,lol

No the bumper cars will not be used as a house location. Upcharge house The Experiment will be in Tuts Tomb and The Basement is moving into the Bird Gardens(Alones old location) while Death Water Bayou moves into the Morocco building (Nightshades old location). All the other returning houses will be in their same locations. Im not so sure where the scarezones will be located yet. :smiley:

I miss the days of the outdoor houses in BG...I know it isn't possible as it stresses out the birds...I heard rumblings of Alone becoming a regular house and got excited (that area has always been dead minus the live bushes)...they seem to be better spread out that way anyway

The Basement reminds me of Leave It To Cleaver from HHN 2009. Momma’s Meats’ sounds a lot like Meetz Meat's. No saying they ripped it off but it reminds me of LITC a lot.

Nope. Every haunt in its existence has at some point taken on the seemingly innocent meat joint-turned-cannibal cult theme. HHN's differentiated itself by framing it as a 50's B-Movie with happy go lucky patrons. This is a different beast entirely.

(Seriously - a cannibal meat shop is probably the most common haunt theme after the generic haunted mansion itself.)

Nope. Every haunt in its existence has at some point taken on the seemingly innocent meat joint-turned-cannibal cult theme. HHN's differentiated itself by framing it as a 50's B-Movie with happy go lucky patrons. This is a different beast entirely.

(Seriously - a cannibal meat shop is probably the most common haunt theme after the generic haunted mansion itself.)

True.

With the return of Scarezone I wonder if the hordes are gone completely? I like the scarezone ideas very old school (Hangman, scarecrows and the 13) Some times people try to hard for amazing new concepts and fail when Old school when done right still works. As long as they don't do a 3d clown maze i have seen enough of those this year to last me a life time.

This is all new to me as well, definitely looking forward to HOS much more than HHN this year. Now if only I could enjoy one of these events for once. :lol: