Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2016

Brervixen

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2012
Wirral, UK.
I know it's CRAZY early, but does any one have an idea of what date HOS will open this year, we're hoping to catch it when we come over to Florida in September (looking at 14-28)

The 23-24 is possible, but even then it's a stretch because they typically save the first couple of nights for annual pass members as a "Preview."

Thanks, just having a look and it seems that getting an annual pass may work out better value, and would allow me to attend AP preview nights! Time will tell!

Where is the eyeroll emoticon?

It's all down to personal taste isn't it. I've only ever been to Howl-O-Scream once in 2013, it was the first ever "3d" maze I did, it was fun... It wasn't the most amazing maze ever, but it served its purpose for ME at the time. Plus, when we went through, my partner & I were the only people in there...

It's back AGAIN?? How many years is this? :lol:
It will be its 4th. Kind of happy about them bringing it back since I brings back memories since this was my first house at Howl O Scream :p

Last edited:
That's awfully embarrassing, especially since they keep advertising it as the last year. "Evil Encore" seems to be an excuse to recycle more mazes and material than usual...

That's awfully embarrassing, especially since they keep advertising it as the last year. "Evil Encore" seems to be an excuse to recycle more mazes and material than usual...
Budget cuts seem to be an issue with HOS the last two years..Maybe this year will be a complete recycle of last.....ugh..

Busch Gardens is looking to fill actor positions for Howl-O-Scream. Auditions are July 22, 23, 29 & 30 at 5 p.m.

Participants must be 18 years of age or older to apply and no experience is required. Performers are asked to wear comfortable clothing and apply for the position prior to coming for an audition here.

That house scared me more than any HHN house in years. I went ahead and was doing it solo and actually turned around halfway thru and went back for my friends. :lol:

Considering how last years theme reveal was a dissapointment, it wouldn't surprise me that the whole Evil Encore is just a fancy way of showing of repeat houses/icons/scare zones etc.

As for CoS returning for a 5th year (It debuted in 2012), well it's "better" they announced it right off the bat. If they waited till later eyes would've probably rolled out of sockets.

It's totally understandable Unearthed is coming back since it's only two years old, though to also no surprise it's just "Unearthed" and not "Unearthed: Scarlett's Revenge". Take it she didn't leave much of a impact to justify keeping the name on the house.

It'll be interesting to see what houses return and which ones won't, since if we're going by the oldest ones out, Zombie Mortuary is easily the oldest house at the event since it's been there since 2011. However there's a strange catch-22 since I've seen in a lot of reports last year that people loved that house, even more then the newer ones! So it could end up staying due to the popularity.

The next oldest houses are The Basement and Death Water Bayou (Both debuted in 2013, making them one year younger then CoS.), followed by Dead Fall and ZCU that came out two years ago.