Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2019

The Fright Feast does sound like a good idea, but they're having a sale on tickets now, and the Fright Feast isn't mentioned. Is it something you can add on later, or is it it's own ticket? Does it include Front Line for haunts and/or rides?

Like I said, the site has no info or mention of the Fright Feast, and I've never been to Tampa for a haunt before.

The Fright Feast does sound like a good idea, but they're having a sale on tickets now, and the Fright Feast isn't mentioned. Is it something you can add on later, or is it it's own ticket? Does it include Front Line for haunts and/or rides?

Like I said, the site has no info or mention of the Fright Feast, and I've never been to Tampa for a haunt before.

It's an add on experience that usually goes on sale closer to the event beginning. You get an hour of express access to all the haunted houses.

#1 you get let into the park early if you leave the "dinner show" they have. #2 you get front of the line for a good hour or two after the event starts. #3 HOS is hardly ever as busy as HHN (it can sell out sometimes), but more than likely the crowds will be tolerable.

Add it all up and Fright Feast is a great deal

Thanks to all who have answered my questions! We are a bit obsessive about seeing haunts multiple times (as well as rides) and make the most out of our relatively short time there (we'd be trying to see regular park stuff as well as the haunt--like I said, the last time we were at this park, Shiekra was the newest attraction), so maybe we'd combine Fright Fest and Front Line.

Marketing has all but confirmed that Miss Vayne is returning. We’ll probably get an official announcement tomorrow.

If they’re keeping with the theme of announcing the icons in small batches, I’m predicting that they’ll couple the Vayne announcement with Pernicia Gloom and either the Raven Twins or Sylvie.

One, Simon's Slaughterhouse is no longer touting it's recommended 17 and up. Makes sense since that was nothing but a garbage hype gimmick which fell flat on it's face. (An considering they've had a few unique houses which required a waiver in the past, it's a tad embarrassing they stooped to that.)

I know it’s sacrilegious to compare haunts against each other but I knew from just a simple walkthrough video that Simon’s Slaughterhouse was essentially a Hot Topic-sponsored version of Leave It To Cleaver. Unfortunately, they forgot all of the elements that made LITC so popular and enjoyable. Hopefully they made changes this year, because it’s a really solid concept.

Marketing has all but confirmed that Miss Vayne is returning. We’ll probably get an official announcement tomorrow.

If they’re keeping with the theme of announcing the icons in small batches, I’m predicting that they’ll couple the Vayne announcement with Pernicia Gloom and either the Raven Twins or Sylvie.

I read that as Miss Vanjie, which I understand may be a reference lost on most of you...

It’s a shame that I used to think HOS was better than HHN because of the uniqueness of the houses, the length of the houses, and the overall grit and attitude of the event versus the polished theatrical feel of HHN. Now HOS is nothing more than a local haunt and it has a ton of potential to be something special again. Anybody remember the days of After Hours Club Muse and The Hunted? Those were the days :)
Hope they bring back Ms. Vayne too, one of my favorite icons.

Need to bring back out of the box creative ideas like this;

Last edited:
I believe BGW did a 'vault' type haunted house with scenes from their past years. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a similar concept here.

How many houses are they gonna have this year? What houses are not returning? Is there any news or rumors on this?

Also, which day of the week is less crowded? Thursday or sunday? Do more people go on thursday than sunday?

It’s a shame that I used to think HOS was better than HHN because of the uniqueness of the houses, the length of the houses, and the overall grit and attitude of the event versus the polished theatrical feel of HHN. Now HOS is nothing more than a local haunt and it has a ton of potential to be something special again. Anybody remember the days of After Hours Club Muse and The Hunted? Those were the days :)
Hope they bring back Ms. Vayne too, one of my favorite icons.

Need to bring back out of the box creative ideas like this;

It used to be better for many reasons, I always enjoyed HOS much more. Nowadays HHN has been so consistently good...HOS on the other hand seems to drop in quality each year. They even cut down the house count at HOS last year...And the new ones just don't excite.

How many houses are they gonna have this year? What houses are not returning? Is there any news or rumors on this?

Also, which day of the week is less crowded? Thursday or sunday? Do more people go on thursday than sunday?
I'm not sure, I would expect the same amount as last year, but who knows.

Thursday and Sunday are pretty equal, unless kids have off the next day. There is one weekend in October where Hillsborough and Pinellas have a half day Thursday and no school Monday

So happy this one is back! I know it's been running for a while but it gets great reviews each year.

So up to now we have:

-Death Water Bayou
-Motel Hell: Infestation
-The Black Spot
-Simon's Slaughterhouse

EDIT:

Last edited:
So happy this one is back! I know it's been running for a while but it gets great reviews each year.

So up to now we have:

-Death Water Bayou
-Motel Hell: Infestation
-The Black Spot
-Simon's Slaughterhouse

EDIT:

I hope Simon's is enhanced a bit...The newer houses have been rather lackluster