Howl-O-Scream 2022 (Seaworld Orlando) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2022 (Seaworld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
<watching my cautious optimism evaporate before my eyes>

I'm excited, but SEAS gonna SEAS it feels like. I think the scarezone will be better, but the house sounds like it's not even getting much of a refresh. I have a gut feeling we get ONE new house, & ONE refreshed house, and MAYBE if we're lucky they up the number to 5. It's clear they're expanding geographically into more of the park.

When I told my wife she said "So, they're doing the same thing?" and I think she forgets to a degree that we're spoiled by HHN.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ya'll last year was the first year they did the event at SW, repeating houses should be expected

Ehhh, I mean, I get the point you're making BUT they also set up a haunt at SeaWorld Orlando to disrupt the Orlando Halloween Events Market. I get it, it's new, but this isn't a haunt in Plant City, this is another theme park, on I-4, in the same city, competing for the same guests. You can't treat this the exact same way you would Tampa.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't see SeaWorld competing for HHN guests as much as offering an alternative for some (especially locals) and an additional event for others (mostly those coming specifically for HHN).

Even if ALL of the houses are recycled, so what? They'll still be new to many, and (from what I've seen on here) people go through the same houses time after time no matter what.

When it comes down to it there are only so many things you can do with a haunt, and the success or failure of one often has more to do with the cast than the physical space.

Ehhh, I mean, I get the point you're making BUT they also set up a haunt at SeaWorld Orlando to disrupt the Orlando Halloween Events Market. I get it, it's new, but this isn't a haunt in Plant City, this is another theme park, on I-4, in the same city, competing for the same guests. You can't treat this the exact same way you would Tampa.
In all honestly they set it up to make some extra revenue during a non-peak time by attracting locals for a night to a scary Halloween event

Trying to disrupt Universal would be a silly business move and super unnecessary

I think you're misunderstanding the shoestring budget that both HOS's run on as well

All new houses every year would begin to eat into their revenue and disrupt their "affordable haunt event" goal by causing them to have to raise prices

Yes, it results in more of a "budget" event...but that's kind of the charm that HOS has always had..

To be honest, I had way more fun at both HOS's than HHN last year, despite the millions more Universal spent

I will say that HOS Tampa used to rename every house every year and continue the story of the house. I do kind of miss them doing that

Reactions: Darko
I don't see SeaWorld competing for HHN guests as much as offering an alternative for some (especially locals) and an additional event for others (mostly those coming specifically for HHN).

Even if ALL of the houses are recycled, so what? They'll still be new to many, and (from what I've seen on here) people go through the same houses time after time no matter what.

When it comes down to it there are only so many things you can do with a haunt, and the success or failure of one often has more to do with the cast than the physical space.
SeaWorld isn't expecting to dethrone HHN, they just want to make some additional money from those guests that love visiting HHN (mainly locals) and maybe some tourists.
In all honestly they set it up to make some extra revenue during a non-peak time by attracting locals for a night to a scary Halloween event

Trying to disrupt Universal would be a silly business move and super unnecessary

I think you're misunderstanding the shoestring budget that both HOS's run on as well

All new houses every year would begin to eat into their revenue and disrupt their "affordable haunt event" goal by causing them to have to raise prices

Yes, it results in more of a "budget" event...but that's kind of the charm that HOS has always had..

To be honest, I had way more fun at both HOS's than HHN last year, despite the millions more Universal spent

I will say that HOS Tampa used to rename every house every year and continue the story of the house. I do kind of miss them doing that

what were the ticket numbers like for last year? is there anywhere to see this? how big was the debut?

I don't think they released any numbers (most parks don't), but it seemed to be fairly popular and they are bringing it back so I'd say it was a success in some measure.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Yeah, saying that HOS is trying to compete with HHN is a stretch. The appeal of HOS is more of a party/club vibe with horror elements for people to come and hang out at who don't want to pay the high prices Universal charges or deal with insane crowds.

There's a reason they have multiple bars that are getting the same type of press coverage that the houses and scare zones do.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
Yeah, saying that HOS is trying to compete with HHN is a stretch. The appeal of HOS is more of a party/club vibe with horror elements for people to come and hang out at who don't want to pay the high prices Universal charges or deal with insane crowds.

There's a reason they have multiple bars that are getting the same type of press coverage that the houses and scare zones do.
I feel like HHN has more of the Halloween party vibe and both HOS's are more a true "we're here to startle you however we can" type feel

A lot of it comes down to crowd size. Hell week at HOS is much different than HHN, HHN is rather consistent (by design) where HOS reaaally suffers with heavy crowds

Has Monster Stomp been announced yet? Auditions are posted looking for dancers on SeaWorld’s site

Last edited: