Howl-O-Scream 2023 (SWO) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2023 (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So apparently HoS revealed their entire lineup yesterday, though oddly enough they've yet to mention it on twitter. Anyways, this is the line-up.

Houses
D3LER1UM666 Laboratories (ALL NEW)
Dead Vines: Nawlins Nightmare (Marked as NEW, but it's probably a few tweaks to Dead Vines.)
Beneath the Ice: The Meltdown (Same as DV, marked as NEW, but probably just tweaked.)
Captain's Revenge: Drowned in Darkness
Blood Beckoning

Scare Zones
Blood Light District (NEW)
Toxic Turmoil (NEW)
CarnEvil Pier (NEW)
Portal of Passage (NEW)
Frozen Terror - Alive in the Ice
Witchcraft Bayou
Terrors of the Deep

Shows
Cursed Lagoon (NEW, located in Forever Pearls)
Siren's Song
Monster Stomp: Slasher Alley

Themed Bars
CarnEvil Curiosities (NEW)
Longshoremen Tavern
Tormented
Posion Grotto
Sirens' Last Call

Any Idea what the cursed lagoon show is?
If anything like last year, a one-man show. Actor tells comedic spooky story as you sit in the pearl diver auditorium, with minimal light and sound effects. Was a fun little diversion but needed a bigger finale.

If anything like last year, a one-man show. Actor tells comedic spooky story as you sit in the pearl diver auditorium, with minimal light and sound effects. Was a fun little diversion but needed a bigger finale.

I found it a complete waste of time. I remember sitting there for 5 minutes after the show ended along with others in the audience expecting something else to happen.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Was at the park yesterday... surprised to see a lack of scare zone props/decor throughout the park for an event starting on Friday. The only aesthetics they had were the zones over by Ice Breaker and in front of Shark Encounter, not much else.

Also, they need to get a grasp on merchandise pricing - they're charging $44.99 (+ 5% surcharge) for a Howl o Scream mug lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
Was at the park yesterday... surprised to see a lack of scare zone props/decor throughout the park for an event starting on Friday. The only aesthetics they had were the zones over by Ice Breaker and in front of Shark Encounter, not much else.

Also, they need to get a grasp on merchandise pricing - they're charging $44.99 (+ 5% surcharge) for a Howl o Scream mug lol
Damn thats popcorn bucket money!

I saw the Blood Light District zone…
I’ve never seen something as distasteful in a Theme Park in a while, how did that get approved?

Are you talking about the corksicicle mug? I thought it was high too until I saw the brand. That’s normal pricing for them.

I saw the Blood Light District zone…
I’ve never seen something as distasteful in a Theme Park in a while, how did that get approved?
This is an event for mature audiences, What do you think was distasteful about it? They already had a show about Jack the Ripper killing prostitutes so I'm not sure what the issue is...

This is an event for mature audiences, What do you think was distasteful about it? They already had a show about Jack the Ripper killing prostitutes so I'm not sure what the issue is...
There’s a difference between basing a show around an Urban Legend than basing a SZ on an ACTUAL place where human trafficking and sexual abuse are the norm. It comes as distasteful and ignorant…
What’s next? Sweatshopz?

The actual Red Light District is highly regulated and is not sex trafficking or sexual abuse. Sex work is legitimate work in an environment where it is not underground and illegal.

I have yet to see the context of this scare zone-- are the sex workers the victims or the perpetrators (werewolves, vampires, etc)? Either way, once again this is an event for mature audiences, just like an R rated movie there can be things that are challenging or disturbing.

Anyone know what the Passholder discount is on the sampling lanyards is? I can't do the discount online with my platinum pass.

The actual Red Light District is highly regulated and is not sex trafficking or sexual abuse. Sex work is legitimate work in an environment where it is not underground and illegal.

I have yet to see the context of this scare zone-- are the sex workers the victims or the perpetrators (werewolves, vampires, etc)? Either way, once again this is an event for mature audiences, just like an R rated movie there can be things that are challenging or disturbing.
Whatever man, ignorance is bliss

I still haven’t seen a single advertisement for this event. How have crowds looked?
I went last Saturday and got every house done within the first hour. I'd say around 8:30 the walkways started to feel pretty busy. Coasters stayed as a walk on the entire night. Definitely had fun attending and would do it again.