Howl-O-Scream (San Diego) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream (San Diego)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not a fan of having to exit a park and re renter it, universal have the right idea
This wasn't always the case for USH HHN, it changed in 2017(?) after people complained. Of course now Universal is charging for early entry :mad:

I did notice they still have the ridiculous & unrealistic bag policy/size. I can understand no backpacks, but a small sling bag/side should be acceptable *sigh*

This wasn't always the case for USH HHN, it changed in 2017(?) after people complained. Of course now Universal is charging for early entry :mad:

I did notice they still have the ridiculous & unrealistic bag policy/size. I can understand no backpacks, but a small sling bag/side should be acceptable *sigh*
Yeah, For now its just not for me with these extra rules

I know Knotts also has these rules but I find them pretty stupid when Universal and even Six Flags can let people in with bags...like upgrade your security instead of telling me I can't bring a backpack in.

But good on Sea world for adding a show...no idea if it will draw more people in but will be good for the event and people going

Reactions: Wesker69
The addition of Monster Stomp is a big win. Last year without any proper stage shows and five weak mazes the event really fell flat; even if nothing else is changed from last year it'll still be a huge improvement for San Diego.

So the website finally revealed the 5 mazes for this upcoming SZN.

Simon’s Slaughterhouse
Area 64: Alien Outbreak
Nightmare Experiment
Death Water Bayou
3D Maze: Circus of the Damned

Simon’s Slaughterhouse - ENHANCED SCARES
Area 64: Alien Outbreak - REIMAGINED
Nightmare Experiment - NEW RESIDENTS
Death Water Bayou - NEW FINALE
3D Maze: Circus of the Damned - REPEAT
Another year of nothing new huh?
Here's the breakdown for the "NEW" & returning..

Simon's: This year, Simon’s Slaughterhouse includes BRAND NEW sensory effects that will have you screaming around every corner as you navigate through the bloody corridors, meat-hooked mortals, and screeching buzz saws of the meat processing plant to avoid the butcher’s blades.

ALIEN 64: This year’s Area 64: Alien Outbreak has been scaled up into a full scale invasion! Evade lethal security, mad scientists, and terrifying extraterrestrials who refuse to be contained!

Nightmare: With all-new patients and a terrifying secret, you are the subject of an experimental project run amok. Find safety before The Doctor finds you.

Bayou: NEW FINALE

SCAREZONES:
NEW - TERRORS OF THE DEEP
: The salty sea air is pierced by the stench of rotting fish as a distant bell tolls. Here, at the water’s edge, deadly sea beasts and eldritch horrors emerge from the depths to terrorize the poor fishermen who call the docks home.

NEW - RIPPER ROW: Haven’t you heard the news? The infamous murderer Jack The Ripper is terrorizing the streets of Ripper Row. Everyone is on edge, distrustful, and more than willing to accost strangers if it means staying alive.

NEW - RED MOON REVELRY: A once quiet commune deep in the woods has been transformed into a bloodthirsty cabal of vampires, celebrating the arrival of the blood moon. It is time to feast on all those who are drawn in by the sounds of a party.

NEW - ALL HALLOW'S HARVEST: Step into a blighted farmland where nothing can protect you from the cursed scarecrows intent on harvesting your body and soul to feed their dark desires. Be wary and watch your back.

RETURNING - Carnival of Chaos, Deadly Toys, Graveyard

5 (-6?) NEW VILE VIGNETTES: ("entertainment")
Misfortune, All Hallow's Harvest, Dark Magic, Call From Beyond, Simon's Meat Market...

3 NEW BARS:
The Cracked Cauldron, Bloodthirsty, & Ancient Libations

4 RETURNING BARS:
Big Top Drinks, Toys N' Tonic, AmBARlance, LaBARatory

SHOWS:
- Opening SCAREmony (reimagined)
- MONSTER STOMP (NEW)