IBCCES Accessibility Pass - Question | Inside Universal Forums

IBCCES Accessibility Pass - Question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Hi All -

I had major brain/neck surgery this past January and need some advice.

I went to HHN this past weekend, and while I thought I could tolerate the lines, there was no way I could stand in line for hours with my neck unsupported.

I'm going back in about a month, and I'm trying to figure out how to enjoy this without disappointing my friends about having to leave early or sit out on houses.

I read about this pass online and was curious about your experience with it. I know they have wheelchair accessibility, but my issue is less walking and more that my neck needs a rest and support since it is so weak, which the wheelchair can't help with. I had to lay on the Central Park lawn multiple times to take a break on Friday which sucked.

Will I most likely be granted a pass for this? Is there anything specific I should include in my doctor's note to make sure I don't get denied?

Please let me know - thanks in advance for your help!

The process is pretty simple up until getting the universal interview which can be difficult to get ahold of them.

You will need a doctor's note so make sure that you tell the doctor the issues that you have similar as to what you have done here.

Create your profile on the IBCCES website/app. It has boxes that you select what issues you have and then two final boxes for do you need wheelchairs/elevators and if you can't stand in line. All of the answers you give are relevant.

In reality, it seems like it is the same as it was, but now they have a way to validate the needs through a 3rd party and streamline the process.

Reactions: HalfGlass
The process is pretty simple up until getting the universal interview which can be difficult to get ahold of them.

You will need a doctor's note so make sure that you tell the doctor the issues that you have similar as to what you have done here.

Create your profile on the IBCCES website/app. It has boxes that you select what issues you have and then two final boxes for do you need wheelchairs/elevators and if you can't stand in line. All of the answers you give are relevant.

In reality, it seems like it is the same as it was, but now they have a way to validate the needs through a 3rd party and streamline the process.
Thank you - very helpful!

When you say get a hold of universal, do you mean I have to call them? Or are they supposed to call me after my submission?

Thank you - very helpful!

When you say get a hold of universal, do you mean I have to call them? Or are they supposed to call me after my submission?
After you submit and get approved, you'll get an email from IBCCES stating you should get a call from Universal by x date.

I never received the call back, got a second email that stated they tried to call (no record) and to call this number, called said number waited in queue talked to an agent, and was told they need to see if anyone is available. No one was available so we will call you, never happened. Finally after a few more tries calling in, I was able to get a call back.

We just went through the process for a trip from 9/23 - 9/30. My brother is on the Autism spectrum and the process was relatively easy and hassle-free. Only hang-up could be if your provider isn't great about responding / completing tasks.

Interesting case that I’m not sure what they will do. I’m sure IBCCES will but Universal is we’re things get complicated. Meaning while IBCCES has check box’s and may list something and approve it Universal may not. It also takes Universal a while to call. I read somewhere that there’s a backlog of over 100 calls they still need to do. My took a while for them to finally call.