Ice Breaker (SWO) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Ice Breaker (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another angle:

This is getting some amount of hate online. This legit looks like a lot of fun.

The small humps in the initial launch are going to give some great pops of air.

Another angle:

This is getting some amount of hate online. This legit looks like a lot of fun.

The small humps in the initial launch are going to give some great pops of air.

Completely unfounded hate at that. It's absurd.

It looks whippy AF over that top hat and first airtime hill.

Reactions: Scott W.
My only gripe with Ice Breaker is the fact that someone decided that this coaster without inversions needed the dreaded comfort collars.
If every rider was 5'8" and 150 pounds they could easily get away with lap bar only, but the collar expedites loading, secures a wider range of body sizes, and reassures parents of kids just able to fit on the ride. I hate them, but it really does make it faster and easier to load the ride and more friendly to a wider array of body types.

If every rider was 5'8" and 150 pounds they could easily get away with lap bar only, but the collar expedites loading, secures a wider range of body sizes, and reassures parents of kids just able to fit on the ride. I hate them, but it really does make it faster and easier to load the ride and more friendly to a wider array of body types.

The collar doesn’t expedite loading; in fact, it slows it significantly. For those unfamiliar with Premier Comfort Collars, they aren’t standard over the should restraint, it’s effectively a limp set of straps that attach to the lap bar after the lap bar is pulled down. Unfortunately, many guests don’t see it, and sit back onto the comfort collar, and then ops have the awkwardly maneuver it in front of them.

As far as over-the-shoulder restraints go, and I think calling it a restraint is a stretch, the comfort collar is by far the worst from a load/unload perspective. I would even go as far as saying it's ergonomically unsafe as you have to hold it up while you twist to sit down in the really tight Premier train.