Harmonious | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Disney Parks Blog
This actually should read like this:

The new nighttime spectacular will celebrate how Disney sells dinner packages together with a viewing area because it's the only way to see this thing. Music inspires people around the world (but we thought about writing this stupid thing in this message so we can look smart but I guess we don't but otherwise it would have no place in world showcase), and will feature massive floating set pieces (if they don't sink but I guess we probably have learned from that AK bore fest, no promises tough), custom-built LED panels (but not on a globe, but yeh we think a LED screen is magical), choreographed moving fountains (so music from the franchises we try to push unlike the original show that was...original), lights (that is why we did flatten a forest to build that solar energy thingy), pyrotechnics (because we love nature and hate pollution but we know you want them so it's there but less than before cause they cost a lot) and lasers (magical lasers).

Letdown by the IP-ing of this, but not surprised. What was Chapek's comment to the NYT the other day about making it more Disney? “Disney, Relevant, Timeless, Family.”

So... I guess

Angela Landsberry for France
Robin Williams for “Morrocco”
Idina Menzel for Norway
Christina Aguilera for China

Figures

I told you guys that the 2019 Interim show is gonna be good. Insiders have actually expressed excitement towards it. They were very “meh” on full replacement, so this is no surprise to me. Hopefully the final show ends up being better than we expect.

What in Disney's recent output would give you any hope of that?!

I mean, I'm sure it will be a fine nighttime spectacular. Just one that is an atrocious fit for Epcot. And that stinks.
I mean Happily Ever After is great... of course that's a show that's right up their wheelhouse (IPs, projection and Disney galore). And HEA fits MK. HEA wouldn't fit Epcot.

I'm sure the new show will be fine, but i'll be surprised if it actually manages to seem like a fit for World Showcase, as you say. Especially based on how they described it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Fingers crossed the Epcot Forever show is great and gets a lot of great feedback from guests.
It won't matter. They're pouring in money to this new show, they aren't going to create a whole new show just to say "Hold on, people like this Epcot thing, maybe we should cancel it".

It's happening. It's probably gonna get great GSATs because it will have Disney characters in it. It will probably be a good show. It just probably won't fit World Showcase like it should. The only hope you have is that Epcot Forever is received incredibly well and they then incorporate some components of it to the new show.

Reactions: RevFreako
Fingers crossed the Epcot Forever show is great and gets a lot of great feedback from guests.
It seems like a good fit surprisingly...I imagine the new show will be WoC, but with "nations" focus starring Disney IPs, with a ton of tech to try and cover the cringe

The only hope you have is that Epcot Forever is received incredibly well and they then incorporate some components of it to the new show.

So basically... there is no hope.

I imagine the new show will be WoC, but with "nations" focus starring Disney IPs, with a ton of tech to try and cover the cringe

That's exactly what it sounds like.

Quite a step down from Illuminations.

Drones are definitely in the works. It's about 50/50 whether they will be part of it or not atm. Not budget related, just whether they can get it to work as planned. If not, the show is still going to be a technical tour-de-force.

Reactions: RevFreako
I wonder why they have an underwater construction dive boat similar to the one used for CineCele at Universal? Possibly some kind of infrastructure work to the island there maybe.