Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cedar Point is still on the bucket list for me. I did work at Six Flags Magic Mountain a long while ago which is the far, far worse version of CP. I liked Goliath, but it doesn't have that winding, twisty long layout of MF that just seems to make that coaster. I've always wanted to ride a giga and it's almost comical one has not made it on the west coast yet. Been a long Knott's rumor but I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

If the brakes are friction and not magnetic, I would think it's more likely the New Hulk launch would be an updated version of the original launch system and not LIMS. Why would they use friction brakes if they had a LIMS setup?

Even a magnetic launch coaster can use friction brakes. They often use a combination of both with magnetic brakes slowing the train and friction stopping it. A mid course brake run has to be able to stop the train.

MF is a one trick pony to me. The height and speed are great, but after the drop, the rest of the ride is meh. I'm not a magnum fan as I feel it hasn't aged well, but if they would have designed MF with more airtime like Magnum, it would be a better ride. When I go to CP, it's either Dragster or Maverick for me for first/most rides.
Everyboďy has their own opinion, and I can respect that. I have not ridden Dragster but have been on Kingda Ka and MF. While I like them both, I don't see how you can call MF a one trick pony and not Dragster?

If Storm Force was themed to Seuss in Seuss Landing which is already full of heavily themed FL-esque flat rides, I'd be fine with it. But right now it's just a generic Six Flags-y experience in MSHI, and it really bothers me. I wouldn't mind if it was moved or themed more, but I'm not a fan of its current version.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I miss Flying Unicorn . That was such a fun theme and ride. I don't approve of it's overlay in the same fashion of enjoyment.

I have this theory that Universal planned WWoHP since the first book came out. Is it not a coincidence that Merlin's Forest was built in the area it was in, along with an expansion plot (granted, it was for JP) and the fact of Jaws being located where it was. A really big coincidence, or actually planned? Hmmm

They should enclose Storm Force and add some smoke effects, would go great with the strobes.
I've always wanted that. It's a tea cups ride with a fun story attached. Enclosing it and adding light effects (and even screens!?!?) would at least plus it up some.

I've always wanted that. It's a tea cups ride with a fun story attached. Enclosing it and adding light effects (and even screens!?!?) would at least plus it up some.
Well what I imagined once was that they could enclose that stupid stunt show in mshi that gets use only a few months a year, and make an AIR CONDITIONED x-men show with live characters showcasing their gifts in a to the audience. Like a "twister" kind of feel to it but for the whole stadium.