Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I said with the right team members. Last time we did it then yes it was a joke. The time before the cast got right into it and were more like scare actors from HHN. They made it a million times better. As for nemesis, what can I say, it completely underwhelms me lol. The only equivalent I dislike more is the joke of one in Blackpool

Although I agree with you on nemesis, dueling dragons is still an awesome ride dueling or not. Both layouts provide great elements and pacing. And what do you mean by "predictable"? It's a rollercoaster, it always goes through the same track each time....

As for the hulk the entrance looks amazing. I'm still hoping they utilize that amazing hulk sign from the original ride somewhere.

I think it's more of how open and spread out the track is and there is very little theming on the coaster itself. The start of the Hulk is pretty open but the back end is hidden and a metal mess that still mixes it up a bit.

I can only go from personal and familial experience. My wife was terrified of coasters until a few years ago when we finally persuaded her to ride RnR. Now she's a coaster machine and is raring to go when the rest of us are coastered out. Dragons is her favourite all time ride and her quote of the day after riding nemesis was "is that it?" She was totally disappointed by it. I'm pretty much the same. I get off it feeling underwhelmed each and every time.

That's the thing about coasters, everybody likes different things. One of my favourite coasters at Magic Mountain was Riddler's Revenge, which I loved because it was a stand up coaster and it gets a bit of hate for being uncomfortable but I'd never ridden that type of coaster before and I thought the feeling of standing was great.

It's kind of funny how quickly get over their fear of coasters. People can flat out refuse to ride coasters for years, they'll go on something relatively tame and within an hour, they can tackle anything.

The old cars ended up in the scrapyard.
I kid you not

I think there was some track kept behind that was being stored between MIB and Simpsons. I'm not sure about the trains though, however if we're getting new trains, the train outside would need to match the new design.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
June 10th was never a date for Hulk. That is the date Mako is opening. Since Hulk track was completed several weeks after Mako track it wouldn't be reasonable that both opened on the same day.

But surely since Hulk is a refurb, it won't undergo the same type of testing that a new ride would undergo? Meaning that opening on/around the date of Mako is still possible? Commercially, after all, that would make buckets of sense (or, cents...) for Universal?

But surely since Hulk is a refurb, it won't undergo the same type of testing that a new ride would undergo? Meaning that opening on/around the date of Mako is still possible? Commercially, after all, that would make buckets of sense (or, cents...) for Universal?

About 90% of the track is new, it's going to be tested like its a new coaster. Universal are going to take zero risks with it.

Mako has been testing for a couple of weeks now and as far a we know, the trains aren't on site yet. I think the Mako station is nearing completion where as I think a lot of work still has to be done on Hulk.

It's going to be frustrating if it starts testing during park hours. I'm sure the park staff will have a fun time explaining why guests can't ride. Mako has the benefit of most of the track being away from public view, so testing is done outside the public eye.

New trains, new electrics, possibly new launch. It is a new coaster essentially and will be tested that way. It will need to do the minimum number of test hours for the ride to be signed off by the external company (I assume there is one, over here it's ADIPS).

Nemesis looks great, but it's a poor mans Dragon Challenge. Not very high, not very long and only the one track. Now Nemesis Sub-Terra when you have the right TMs running the ride has the potential to be terrifying. It's similar to alien encounter

I'd take nemesis over DC any day of the week. Short or not it is a classic. And for the record I think sub terror sucks.

I'd take nemesis over DC any day of the week. Short or not it is a classic. And for the record I think sub terror sucks.

I liked Sub Terra the first time I went on it as I didn't know what to expect but I think Alton Towers relies on a lot of gimmicks in it's attractions that makes re riding them boring. Thirteen is the same.

I was there Friday and asked a TM back by Storm Force about the confused guests he must get back there and as we were done I threw out "well all we really want to know is which soundstage the cars are in" and got the longest pause then he replied the company line "we are not allowed to say". Sounded like he knew and debated for an instant if he was going to tell me. Certainly no denial that the trains are onsite.

I'm pretty sure someone said that the cars are onsite. But I'd agree that it will be tested as if new. Because most of it is. But at least they won't have the hassle of a 3-4 days drag through.

Reactions: UNIrd and Scott W.
Each to their own. Lol
As I said previously sub terra sux unless you have the right TMs running it.
I've done it about a dozen times and it sucked about 8 of them.
It's all down to the quality of the "actors" and who you have with you as well lol

I was there Friday and asked a TM back by Storm Force about the confused guests he must get back there and as we were done I threw out "well all we really want to know is which soundstage the cars are in" and got the longest pause then he replied the company line "we are not allowed to say". Sounded like he knew and debated for an instant if he was going to tell me. Certainly no denial that the trains are onsite.
I'd be amazed if they weren't onsite, and as you say, no denial

Reactions: JoeCamel