Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The bigger seats seem to have seat belt extenders so larger people can get away with one click or so and still be able to buckle. Now, people complaining about not having multi big boy seats next to each other??? Since this isn't the UOAP page, I can say this without the butt hurt and risk of getting ban . . . What gives!?!?! Ride seats are made for the average adult size. I think its amazing Universal went thru the task of adding multi big boy seats throughout the train but people still complain??? I task those complaining to meet me at the gym so we can make sure we can all sit next to each other . . .

I recently saw a person with a joystick wheelchair that still had to be pushed up slopes (not steeper ADA slopes even - gentler ones) because the motor couldn't handle the strain and then the width of the vehicle wouldn't fit through a normal doorframe.

The family had the nerve to complain. To the workers removing queue stanchions in an ADA compliant queue so it could fit down it.

People are ridiculous.

The bigger seats seem to have seat belt extenders so larger people can get away with one click or so and still be able to buckle. Now, people complaining about not having multi big boy seats next to each other??? Since this isn't the UOAP page, I can say this without the butt hurt and risk of getting ban . . . What gives!?!?! Ride seats are made for the average adult size. I think its amazing Universal went thru the task of adding multi big boy seats throughout the train but people still complain??? I task those complaining to meet me at the gym so we can make sure we can all sit next to each other . . .

My big motivation for losing weight was LEGOLAND with my than 4 YO boy. The moment when I realized I wasn't sure I could ride with him was a big ole slap upside my head.
I have issues with people who complain because Universal isn't big girl/boy friendly. They want the rides to accommodate insane sized people. I feel badly for those very tall folks who can't ride, but if you're morbidly obese you should not be worried about fitting on a ride at a theme park.
hmm, I am in a ranty mood today.

Last edited:
I recently saw a person with a joystick wheelchair that still had to be pushed up slopes (not steeper ADA slopes even - gentler ones) because the motor couldn't handle the strain and then the width of the vehicle wouldn't fit through a normal doorframe.

The family had the nerve to complain. To the workers removing queue stanchions in an ADA compliant queue so it could fit down it.

People are ridiculous.

This was a power wheelchair and not a scooter?
with it not fitting I'm guessing this was a person who would have trouble even fitting in a ride? What ride was the person trying to ride?
Honestly if it Universal I can't think of many rides that could accommodate a person so large they need a chair "that" large. Trying to picture them trying to navigate any of the wizarding world areas?

There are people posting on the red belts that is embarrassing to have their seatbelts a diffetent color. Messed up priorities and perception of reality. Do they really think people cant see their obesity until they sit in that seat?

Went to WDW and UNI/IOA three weeks ago. You really get an idea of just how prevalent obesity is in our country. I'm not talking just a little obese. I am about 10-15 pounds over my target weight and would love to lose but also love cookies. I'm talking people who are 100-200 pounds or more above a normal weight. Sometimes, it is caused by diseases like diabetes or other handicaps which cannot be prevented. Others are simply caused by overactive elbows and a general lack of exercise. I am not really trying to humiliate anyone but it was rather shocking.

People also need to understand that the crew needs the red belt to know which seats are designated.

I got sick 8 years ago. I was never thin but fitted in all the rides. Eight years and about as many incurable diseases later I need a scooter to visit the parks. I can go for 3 hours twice a week if I'm good. My weight went up although I eat healthy and not much. Universal does a great job accommodating guest with mobility issues but...I never saw the queue of Gringotss and probably will never see the Kong one. Those queue's are an integral part of the story and it would have been great of there was a way to also see a bit of those queues. I can't do coasters (brittle bone disease) but some of the rides I can do are starting to become a uncomfortable sit. I wish I could sport it of and I'm doing what I can, and I see some of you watching me and criticise me but try walking in my shoes, dealing with the pain and being tired every single second of the day. Again I applaud Universal, even went so far to tell customer service how great a job most of them do but also gave some advice about the queues, not as a complaint but as feedback.

I always have to use the big guy seats.....im 6'4" and normal seats dont fit because of the shpuldera/chest. I'm glad they added more.

And you can make the seat belt whatever color you want.....if I'm in the front row I'm happy.

Can't wait for the ride to open. Annual pass holder, hit the park every weekend with my daughters, by far my favorite ride and it looks like the experience will be that much better.

It's not about being morbidly obese either. I've seen some pretty average looking people not able to ride, most recently on Rip Ride Rockit. The "body dimensions" verbiage is true as whether you make it on or not depends on where the weight is carried. You could even see body builders doing the walk of shame sometimes and they're technically not "fat."

It's not about being morbidly obese either. I've seen some pretty average looking people not able to ride, most recently on Rip Ride Rockit. The "body dimensions" verbiage is true as whether you make it on or not depends on where the weight is carried. You could even see body builders doing the walk of shame sometimes and they're technically not "fat."
Hulk sized

Reactions: Mad Dog
Mr Olympia type bodybuilders would most likely never fit, those people tend to be massive chest wise and leg-wise. Just look at someone like Ronnie Coleman, he is enormous, funny thing though, is that apparently a lot of bodybuilders are on the shorter side.