Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My only guess would have to be Scrap Systems. Seems like they do lots of park stuff, they did the backlot trams and the hat.

If you want a good sight of the construction try riding Doctor Doom. Won't be able to take photos but you see a lot. Only changes right now are in the back half of the ride, outdoor queue or the building hasn't been touched.

If you want a good sight of the construction try riding Doctor Doom. Won't be able to take photos but you see a lot. Only changes right now are in the back half of the ride, outdoor queue or the building hasn't been touched.

Need a GoPro for that...

Can't say much, From the UK, our company has produced "things" for the ride, Its not general knowledge at the factory the specific ride its for, but since im a UO fan, I can see its easily Hulk. There have been "things" onsite since May this year, testing, not in public view, we have had one employee over there to see "weather" or not it will last the Floridian year, and last i heard, it has very well....

Can't say much, From the UK, our company has produced "things" for the ride, Its not general knowledge at the factory the specific ride its for, but since im a UO fan, I can see its easily Hulk. There have been "things" onsite since May this year, testing, not in public view, we have had one employee over there to see "weather" or not it will last the Floridian year, and last i heard, it has very well....

Are these show elements or more of structural? (Track etc)

A giant Hulk animatronic swinging at you towards the end of the ride (or even at the beginning) would be awesome.

...as long as it doesn't become Disco Hulk. :look:
hulk_like_disco__by_heropix-d734vuf.jpg

Anyone know how much they're spending on this? All this work seems it would be quite pricey.

Without knowing the reasons they've deemed this necessary, I'd have thought it would have been better spent on a new ride rather than ripping down what seemed to be a perfectly good coaster.

Anyone know how much they're spending on this? All this work seems it would be quite pricey.

Without knowing the reasons they've deemed this necessary, I'd have thought it would have been better spent on a new ride rather than ripping down what seemed to be a perfectly good coaster.

I'm just guessing at this, but we truly don't know what shape the track was really in. When they were about to open Hogsmeade, we all commented on how badly rusted the track was before they slapped a coat of paint on it. They could have been on their last leg and universal wasn't going to risk the safety.

B&M tracks are only good for 12-15 years. Hulk is going on 16.

I think it's been stated here before, a lot of mechanical calculations go into the design of a coaster. The trains are about to be significantly heavier now. Those tracks weren't designed to handle that weight. Yeah they were designed to handle a certain up or down threshold, but when you change the overal weight of something, you got to accommodate for that new threshold.

Wows those pictures are sad. Was just riding this a month ago now parts of it are in a junkyard. I have no doubt this update makes us forget about it real quick

Now this is interesting. Reminds me of the Hogsmeade build that sat there for over a year at Nassal. Those were the good old days.

I wonder where it has been sitting out? It could be at their warehouses or even at Nassal. Hmmmm.

Wow. They're playing it coy by just calling this some "enhancements" to the experience. This looks like it's being completely built back up from scratch.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Wow. They're playing it coy by just calling this some "enhancements" to the experience. This looks like it's being completely built back up from scratch.
I'm sure they'll talk up the changes to media leading up to the re-opening.