Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It won't sound like most other coasters when you're riding it.
For me, though, the roar of the Hulk was NEVER about what I heard when I was riding it... it was about the roar that one would hear from OFF of the ride. It was such an integral part of the ambiance for me... THAT's what I'm going to miss. :-(

For me, though, the roar of the Hulk was NEVER about what I heard when I was riding it... it was about the roar that one would hear from OFF of the ride. It was such an integral part of the ambiance for me... THAT's what I'm going to miss. :-(

There's still some hope that speakers could produce an artificial roar.

Reactions: Ryno27
For all we know maybe there is some sort of speaker system near the end of the launch tunnel that lets out an audible roar for us to hear so we know it has been launched. That would make up for the lack of roar in the tracks now.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I dont know what you all heard or where you sourced this info. But when I saw it running on tuesday morning this week and it sounds like its roaring to me. Its probably not as loud because everything is brand new and its running smooth as butter. Its really down to how far away from it are you? You probably arent going to hear it from your hotel window. But the cars are definitely roaring all over that track. So get that outta your heads! Hulk is a big green machine!

I dont know what you all heard or where you sourced this info. But when I saw it running on tuesday morning this week and it sounds like its roaring to me. Its probably not as loud because everything is brand new and its running smooth as butter. Its really down to how far away from it are you? You probably arent going to hear it from your hotel window. But the cars are definitely roaring all over that track. So get that outta your heads! Hulk is a big green machine!

Hulk was originally designed to roar. Now it does not sound any louder than your average coaster. When I was there I sat in a spot I have used many times over the years. In the past we would stop all conversation as the car roared by. Now I can hear it but it does not interfere with conversation.

I live 10 minutes from Six Flags over Georgia. Hulk is now no louder than the coasters I hear there all the time.

Yeah it was desinged to roar. But how many roller coasters have you been on that tore down the entire ride and rebuilt it from the bottom up just to crank up the ride experience. We enjoyed the roar for awhile. Now we can enjoy the ride even more. And becides when youre on it you cant hear it anyway.

For all we know maybe there is some sort of speaker system near the end of the launch tunnel that lets out an audible roar for us to hear so we know it has been launched. That would make up for the lack of roar in the tracks now.

I think there's always been a speaker at the end of the launch tunnel. I've always thought the launch sounded like a fighter jet.

Reactions: Ryno27