Indiana Jones Attraction (2027) | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Attraction (2027)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
GUq66XLW4AAxNf_

GUq64xmWoAAPxdU

Last edited:
I have to admit 2027 is an impressive timeline for Disney standards.

Admittedly, this is one of the few projects which they confirmed is starting construction this year. So 2027 does seem reasonable.

Also, they mentioned construction will be in phases, so I can imagine they'd first start work on the Encanto ride and save Indy for later as they'll eventually be down a major attraction and a minor one with Triceratops spin.

Admittedly, this is one of the few projects which they confirmed is starting construction this year. So 2027 does seem reasonable.

Also, they mentioned construction will be in phases, so I can imagine they'd first start work on the Encanto ride and save Indy for later as they'll eventually be down a major attraction and a minor one with Triceratops spin.
Based on the concept art Encanto appears to be an omnimover of some sort. Something high capacity can help shoulder the loss of Indy and the Triceratops Spin quite well. But since TS is already a carousel that is being rethemed, it shouldn't be down that long anyways.

Of all the options to replace Dinosaur, this is probably one of the best.

My pitch was always either Indiana Jones tracks down a Cryptid, or a Dinosaur that escaped extinction somehow. This seems like it's going that direction. I hope that they keep a similarly wild ride profile, and that there is a palpable sense of danger throughout. Those are some of my favorite parts of Dinosaur as-is. I also hope they really lean away from trying to emulate the existing Indy rides. Thankfully, it seems like they are, at least to a certain extent.

This will clearly be a superior ride in terms of general appeal and ridership, and probably in scope too. As much as I love this aspect of it, Dinosaur is mostly shadow-y foliage. It gives it a really fun, scary vibe. It gives your brain the room to imagine what is going on around you and makes the ride seem so much larger scale than the building actually is. It's the Alien Encounter of dark rides. But with the lights on, there really isn't much there at all. I think they have a chance to really elevate the ride into something really stunning, beautiful, yet still scary and imposing to look at. I think that swapping the perspective of the chase sequences, from the darkness giving a sense of great and dense expanse, to the dimly lit caves and temple corridors giving a sense of Claustrophobia and unease, that's the direction that I hope they go in with this. That will make the sacrifice of Dinosaur worth it to me, personally.

And hey, I'll count my blessings: Least it isn't a Zootopia clone! Rest easy, sweet Carny. :heart:

I’ve always been bummed that there was never a major Indiana Jones ride in Orlando, not discounting the stunt show ofc. Will they use the same layout as dinosaur or will it be a new one? If it’s a new one I’ll be thrice as hyped…