Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, I’m content with dinosaur. I enjoy the parks having different rides. And the Shanghai pirate tech is just too cool to pass up lol.

Speaking of, is there much of a limit on how tall a drop could be using the Shanghai pirate tech? I wouldn’t mind if we got, say, a 60 foot drop at the end :grin:

OR:

What if they build a big Coaster like this themed to Indy in Studios and build the Shanghai tech boat ride themed to Indy in MK...or vice versa? I totally agree with the placemaking in Adventureland really being a fantastic setup to the Indy Adventure...that’s why I’d love to see something themed to Indy at MK...but he has always had a presence at DHS, so keeping him there makes sense as well...

IMHO, Indy should not be spread out. It should have one dedicated land, and that’s it. Plus, MK already has five coasters. They don’t need a sixth.

Here’s how I would do it:

1. Have the Shanghai Pirates clone replace the Stunt Show and some backstage area.
  2. Demolish Backlot Express and Star Tours (ST is already going to get demolished in the near future, so why not now?).
  3. Put a clone of Big Grizzly Mountain on the cleared space, but change the theme to fit the IP.
  4. Fill in a portion of Echo Lake to put a quick-service restaurant in the land.
  5. Have it open in 2021 to align with the new movie and WDW 50th.

IMHO, Indy should not be spread out. It should have one dedicated land, and that’s it. Plus, MK already has five coasters. They don’t need a sixth.

1. Have the Shanghai Pirates clone replace the Stunt Show and some backstage area.
  2. Demolish Backlot Express and Star Tours (ST is already going to get demolished in the near future, so why not now?).
  3. Put a clone of Big Grizzly Mountain on the cleared space, but change the theme to fit the IP.
  4. Fill in a portion of Echo Lake to put a quick-service restaurant in the land.
Please Disney, do this.

I still think Disney will find a way to reuse ST.

Reactions: Magic-Man

I like the intention behind this, but at the same time, it would not result in a net gain of attractions, which is what the park still needs in a big way. I could live with this, but I would rather Disney find a way to keep either the stunt show or Star Tours (or whatever Star Tours is eventually going to be re-themed to).

I like the intention behind this, but at the same time, it would not result in a net gain of attractions, which is what the park still needs in a big way. I could live with this, but I would rather Disney find a way to keep either the stunt show or Star Tours (or whatever Star Tours is eventually going to be re-themed to).

If you kept the Stunt Show or Star Tours, you would only be able to build one ride. If Star Tours, the Stunt Show, some backstage, and Backlot Express go, you can build two, possibly three if you can fit a flat ride into there.

Reactions: LieutLaww
As much as I’d like to see the Pirates show stateside, I can’t help thinking that they belong in Magic Kingdom.

If they’re gonna move away from Indy to another IP, I’d rather get a clone of the HK Moana show and a boat ride with the Shanghai tech for her.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I'd argue that Animal Kingdom needs it more than Epcot.
I don't have a problem with AK, I like animals and the Nomad is one of the best places to hang (in good weather). Epcot could not hold me for a full day last month, if you are not drinking and eating around the world it has very little to do. I hit Frozenstrom, TT, Soarin 2.0 and SE by noon then lunch but after that........... 30 YO travel movies?? I've been there done that too many times.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

A BGM type coaster themed to Indy is brilliant

I don't know why but I really don't see them cloning Shanghai Pirates ever

Reactions: Magic-Man
How old is the Haunted Mansion ride system? Does it matter if the ride is a huge success?
It shouldn't but not everyone will see it that way.
It doesn't matter, no.

But as good of a plug and play IJA would be, I want to see them push the envelope further with today's technology. Notice, for instance, that a HM *clone* hasn't been built since it came to Tokyo DL.

Since then, spin-offs of sorts have been built in Paris and Hong Kong (Phantom Manor and Mystic Manor). With Mystic Manor too, it introduced something that was based on HM, but so incredibly well done and done with physical and screen based elements while using a trackless RV. This is the type of thing i'm talking about with IJA. We already have Dinosaur, why build something that's so damn close to it when there's unlimited possibilities for an Indy ride?

It's an irrelevant conversation anyway because Indy falling back to DAK is the only way they are building IJA. They want to utilize the Shanghai Pirates tech for an Indy ride. In fact, it would seem every park, aside from MK, has been fighting for the tech.

It doesn't matter, no.

But as good of a plug and play IJA would be, I want to see them push the envelope further with today's technology. Notice, for instance, that a HM *clone* hasn't been built since it came to Tokyo DL.

Since then, spin-offs of sorts have been built in Paris and Hong Kong (Phantom Manor and Mystic Manor). With Mystic Manor too, it introduced something that was based on HM, but so incredibly well done and done with physical and screen based elements while using a trackless RV. This is the type of thing i'm talking about with IJA. We already have Dinosaur, why build something that's so damn close to it when there's unlimited possibilities for an Indy ride?

It's an irrelevant conversation anyway because Indy falling back to DAK is the only way they are building IJA. They want to utilize the Shanghai Pirates tech for an Indy ride. In fact, it would seem every park, aside from MK, has been fighting for the tech.

Epcot/DHS/DAK: Do you honestly believe that your own hype can be enough to quell the thought of even using the Pirates Shanghai RS that much?

Magic Kingdom:

__

In all seriousness, Nick raises a very valid and truthful point. I would honestly believe that at this point in time, they are looking on better options than porting an attraction that wouldn't be in modern tech and could be dated in that aspect, leading to potentially quite a few problems. Hell, Shanghai also did something different, using a completely new Ride System for Peter Pans that was different than other previous versions.

I imagine, for WDI, they'll look at options to go against the status quo, to find something that can creatively, get them rolling at a high speed.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick