1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Inside Universal Feedback

Discussion in 'Comments & Questions' started by Brian G., May 7, 2018.

1. hishedale

hishedale Member

I came here by accident. I was trying to look up a fake leaked Kong photo I had seen a while back, and when I looked up "Reign of Kong Leaks" I got the RoK forum as a search result. Then I started reading more and more, lurked for a bit, then finally posted.
    This has been my first and only forum I ever use. I don't like to comment much, mostly because I'm not an insider, I don't know any crazy information, or anything.
    I've never had a problem with anyone on here, nor have I really made any friends.
    But I like this forum. It gives me a lot of information, and since I don't live in Orlando, it gives me a lot of updates on several different things.
    Almost all the posters on here are friendly (and pretty smart), so I think it just creates an overall pleasant place to interact with.
    Thank you much for all the information (and Shiekra for the jokes)!

2. Ridgepole

Ridgepole Member

What he said.

Brian G. and Mad Dog like this.
  3. Surfster

Surfster Rookie

Sooooo..... @Brian G., um can I can ask if there was another reason for this thread? I have an idea, but I’m hoping I’m wrong.

4. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Nothing negative. :lol:

But more feedback would be very helpful. :thumbsup:;)

JoeCamel, Surfster and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

This is definitely the PREMIER social media site for Universal discussions, real info that you can't find in guidebooks, and where all the other social media sites come for their info on what's really happening. Great job guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brian G. and hishedale like this.
  6. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

Originally came here because of some of the insider information (wow 5 years ago!!!) and found the forums interesting. This is actually the only forums I interact with, and I think that has to do with the way you all have structured them and also the people on these forums. I have enjoyed a lot of conversations on here and made many friends. It's nice getting to hang out with people that share our passion both online and in person. As always thank you @Brian G. and to all the moderators for everything you do around here.

As a local and following these forums for years, I come for the forums: the conversation, the friends, and to keep up to date on any new things that I need to go check out.

I would love to be more involved. but work and life have been more hectic lately and don't have as much time to keep up.

JoeCamel and Brian G. like this.
  7. happy bunny rabbit

happy bunny rabbit Veteran Member

Came for the HHN, stayed for the discussions on things I've grown up with and am passionate about. I don't really care that much if it's reliable info as much as I just enjoy discussing some of my favorite places on earth with other people that care as much as I do.

JMalez, GadgetGuru and Brian G. like this.
  8. Ronald Contreras

Ronald Contreras Newcomer

I just recently joined this forum just a month ago but as someone who used to be a former Universal Hollywood member I think this is where all the real talk and gossip of the Universal World is. Plus my personal thoughts and feedback.

Joe and GadgetGuru like this.
  9. Coasted

Coasted Rookie

FYI if ever want to tag somebody in your post, for example the thx to @shiekra38 then you can use the @ symbol :-)

Joe likes this.
  10. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Veteran Member

Just wanted to mention that Craig Williams from the DISUnplugged podcast and website DISinfo.com had some very nice things to say about this forum and the Universal rumors and insider information that's usually accurate. He mentioned this on their latest Universal edition podcast/youtube video.

I thought it was nice of him to give this forum a shout-out even though they have their own Universal section on their forum. It's not a bad section, but it's not too popular and is mostly about vacation planning, etc.

JoeCamel, Brian G., Nick and 6 others like this.
  11. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Someone went way too overboard with the Jurassic Park: The Ride twitter posts in the past 24 hours. 10-20 posts about the same damn thing is obnoxious.

12. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Well, it was its final day of operation...

Joel, GadgetGuru, Fallow and 2 others like this.
  13. Frank Drackman

Frank Drackman Premium Member

I'm in that camp of 'joined around six years ago', I'm not 100% sure why I come here.

I think it is just that I like the community. I am not against meeting folks in real life (but I think I have only met 1 member from here face to face).

I do like learning others thoughts on the direction of UoR and really appreciate the folks that share their insights. I do try and contribute in any way I can (have not been there in a while and got bored w/ the photos I do have, otherwise, I do try and post photos when I can...just feels like one way I can contribute).

I'll give advice if I see someone asking something I feel I have knowledge of, but I do not think I plan my trips nor do I try to over plan any of my trips, so I do not think it is trip planning or anything like that that brings me by.

Anyway, not even sure what it is about UoR, there are some employees there they we tend to run into year after year, some we know by name (we live 200 miles away)...so, I do not know, some sort of odd family type feeling w/ the UoR community but this is the only place I found on-line that gives me that same sort of feeling.

When the UOAP thing started up (I really do not Facebook), I think I tried to sign up, but that did not go well, heck, back when I started around here (or shortly after), my wife tried to get me to check out some other site (I know it has changed ownership since then) but I happened to visit the one day the dude was having a melt down for not being invited to some Transfomers thing...but I think he charged folks to join his site for planning advice or something. I just found the whole thing in such poor taste that I figured this site was enough for whatever it is I am looking for ;-)