Insidious: The Further (HHN 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Insidious: The Further (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Insidious is returning to Halloween Horror Nights! Universal Parks has announced that Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood will feature the haunted house, Insidious: The Further, based on the film franchise.

First time doing Insidious for HHN so I am excited--if only because I'm actually kind of treating this more as a "original" than a IP.

The movies kind of trigger a weird fight/flight that I can't snap out of; so I don't watch them.

Reactions: Brian G.
I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on $600 worth of tickets + hotel for this year. I don't like to be Debbie Downer, but this lineup just isn't moving the needle for me.
I’m with you. Nothing about this year excites me outside Monstruous, and even then, it isn’t solidifying forking over the cash for a FOL pass

Reactions: StopMakingSense
The first 2 insidious houses are some of the best stuff hollywood has ever done and I even enjoyed the third house quite a bit. Been 7 years since the last one so I’m completely fine with this coming back and I’m definitely looking forward to it.

I just gotta say, the facade for this house is amazing. It looks to be some of the best/biggest facade work we've gotten in Hollywood in a while. Very excited for Hollywoods version

Reactions: Freak and Jake S
Yeah, I enjoyed the last one

I have not watched the newer films but whatever I'm sure it will be a fun time

I just gotta say, the facade for this house is amazing. It looks to be some of the best/biggest facade work we've gotten in Hollywood in a while. Very excited for Hollywoods version

It's a genuinely fantastic facade that is incredibly well detailed--I really wonder how lighting and sound plays a role in giving the facade a tone that I imagine is foreboding and menacing.

Reactions: Jake S
I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on $600 worth of tickets + hotel for this year. I don't like to be Debbie Downer, but this lineup just isn't moving the needle for me.

I’m with you. Nothing about this year excites me outside Monstruous, and even then, it isn’t solidifying forking over the cash for a FOL pass
In the same exact boat. I'm mad my friends are now spoiled and only want to do FOL since we did it last year. It's even feeling like a "one time only visit" this year and I haven't broken that since like 2011. This year has A LOT to prove that opening weekend.
The first 2 insidious houses are some of the best stuff hollywood has ever done and I even enjoyed the third house quite a bit. Been 7 years since the last one so I’m completely fine with this coming back and I’m definitely looking forward to it.
Maybe I am just getting old, but 7 years really isn't that long ago for me anymore. If someone would've said the last one was 2021 I would've straight up just believed it. Especially since the maze had been done 2 times before that, I'm not saying I am over it, but my hype is incredibly low. Even if this is a solid maze, it doesn't excite me because I already know what it can accomplish. It accomplished it just fine 3 times already before -- some of the best we've had, at that -- so if this thing is anything less, it's a major disappointment that it would be brought back and take up a slot to deliver less than par. If it's somehow better than those 3, it would have to dang near make my heart stop -- but what other tricks up the sleeve can this maze have left?

In the same exact boat. I'm mad my friends are now spoiled and only want to do FOL since we did it last year. It's even feeling like a "one time only visit" this year and I haven't broken that since like 2011. This year has A LOT to prove that opening weekend.

Maybe I am just getting old, but 7 years really isn't that long ago for me anymore. If someone would've said the last one was 2021 I would've straight up just believed it. Especially since the maze had been done 2 times before that, I'm not saying I am over it, but my hype is incredibly low. Even if this is a solid maze, it doesn't excite me because I already know what it can accomplish. It accomplished it just fine 3 times already before -- some of the best we've had, at that -- so if this thing is anything less, it's a major disappointment that it would be brought back and take up a slot to deliver less than par. If it's somehow better than those 3, it would have to dang near make my heart stop -- but what other tricks up the sleeve can this maze have left?
Your math sucks lol

Reactions: Jake S

You realize, tho, that in the seven years since the last time Insidious was featured that a ton more people who were too young to experience the last iteration are now an appropriate age to attend the event?

7 years is over 1/3rd of the event’s (modern HHNH) lifespan. I think we might be a little nitpicky considering this a repeat.

You realize, tho, that in the seven years since the last time Insidious was featured that a ton more people who were too young to experience the last iteration are now an appropriate age to attend the event?

7 years is over 1/3rd of the event’s (modern HHNH) lifespan. I think we might be a little nitpicky considering this a repeat.
I only ever did the 2017 version since I was scared to do the one in 2015 :sob:, but even being considered the weakest one, I still consider it the scariest maze I've ever done, I am super excited to see Insidious return! The facade looking amazing!

Reactions: Michael S