Iron Man Coming to Disneyland? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Man Coming to Disneyland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
EO is not selling the high merch numbers anymore. Think of the money Iron Man would bring into that with merch. MJ has been dead for two years and the hardcore EO fans already have their fill of the stuff they will pay for. The time to start planning its replacement is now and I don't know why you think it is tiny. It is a huge capacity machine with a theater like that with continious shows. They could easily do a Stark Indusries/Iron Man demonstation themed show and they would make tons of money off of the merch being sold at the exit and around tomorrowland.

In comparison it would be a cheap change overall as the main and only true cost is in filming a new 3D film for it and the shows like that cost virtually nothing to run in comparison to an actual ride plus the benefit of all ages being able to enjoy it. EO would be the Iron Man most likely.

EO is tiny. Especially compared to Innoventions. Have you seen Innoventions? It's enormous. What you say is true, but only if you are under the assumption that Disney is interested in producing a 3D film based on the property. EO doesn't eat up a lot of people. But Innoventions eats up even less and uses 2-3 times more space. Ever since Lasseter was handed the keys, there have been heavy talks about revitalizing Tomorrowland. Star Wars 3D was the first step. Tron was supposed to be the next, but that has since been put on the backburner and/or ported over to Shanghai. With Avengers and IM3 coming up in the next few years, I'm betting they are looking at Innoventions, which has been sitting there for 13 years without ever being truly "successful." After Cars Land opens, DLR will finally have two gates pulling their own weight. The cash will begin to flow again.

Last edited:
sounds cool. but itll feel weird being in Disney personally. Marvel just belongs in IOA, ya know? but considering the contract will be up soon, i understand. it just feels right in Universal. i think that will be the biggest thing with me

and Captain EO wasnt intended to always be there was it? i figured it was just temporary.........

The contract between Uni and Marvel will not be up any time soon. Disney is allowed to make rides based on Marvel everywhere except Florida at any time they choose. They could start building a ride tomorrow and it would not affect or be dependent on IOA.

"Iron Man" Ride possibly coming to Disneyland

Something I'm suprised hasn't gotten more attention to-

Screamscape is reporting that Iron Man may possibly be coming to the "Innoventions" site at Disneyland. Now THIS, I'm excited to see what happens with.

New Tomorrowland + Marvel - Rumor - (11/1/12) I’m not sure quite how right on the ball this rumor it, but according to our source we could see Innoventions at Disneyland closed down in February 2013 to demolish the structure and prepare the site for an Iron Man themed E-Ticket attraction. Timewise this sounds about right if Disney wants to have their first big Marvel E-Ticket ready in time for Summer 2015 when Avengers 2 hits the theaters. Rumor has it that while the Iron Man ride concept may not have been given the final green light, they have been told to get it ready to go and closing Innoventions would be the first step needed to begin work.

And screamscape is not the only place Ive seen this, Theme Park Insider also posted a blurb about it.

Possible soarin' technology used?

Thoughts?

Something I'm suprised hasn't gotten more attention to-

Screamscape is reporting that Iron Man may possibly be coming to the "Innoventions" site at Disneyland. Now THIS, I'm excited to see what happens with.

And screamscape is not the only place Ive seen this, Theme Park Insider also posted a blurb about it.

Possible soarin' technology used?

Thoughts?

I think an Iron Man ride using Soarin' technology would be perhaps the worst usage of the Iron Man license possible, with the exception of an omnimover ride.

I wouldn't of thought that space would of been big enough to hold a e-ticket attraction. Sounds like it could attract a fair bit of attention if they do it properly. I hope they don't end up removing the autopia car fond memories from being a kid and driving, as well as the fact it still pulls in a decent crowd.

I hope they don't use the Soaring tech again, it getting to the point of over use of it. Sure other systems are used much more but this system doesn't offer much variety like the omnimover or Universals scoop. With Soaring over California in the neighbouring park and the planed new Avatar ride at AK, it will have 3 versions that will be very very similar and would be basically the same thing just with a different movie. So unless they make some major changes I sure hope they go with a different system. One thing I really would like them to do is make some use of the people mover tracks, could really see some good rides being put into there. You could even make it semi roller coaster like and have it being a fight between Iron man and some villains (sorry don't know who Iron Man fights, I don't have an interest in the Marvel heros except for Spiderman except the new version) with faster sections in the out door parts of the track and some screens similar to what Universal is doing in many of its dark rides, in the indoor sections. Of course they would need to do some work to widen the existing structure but I say that would be one of the better things they could do.

Just a shot in the dark but could Iron Man and Avatar share the same ride tech for their attractions?

An Iron Man coaster that uses the same type of vehicles as the Sea World Orlando Manta uses would be kind of cool. :cheers: If they had the coaster go,in and out of the innoventions buildings....that would be awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Sort of like a higher tech version of The Matterhorn...but suspended.

Threads merged. Please use the search feature, or take a gander at a topics last couple of pages. The last few days, I've been locking and merging threads more than I should have to. Especially when 3-4 threads are made on LucasFilm/Disney acquisition all in a couple hours....

Soarin' Over Tony Stark's Malibu Home...oh wait. Disney is just gonna reuse footage from Soarin' and add in a CGI Iron Man aren't they?

Threads merged. Please use the search feature, or take a gander at a topics last couple of pages. The last few days, I've been locking and merging threads more than I should have to. Especially when 3-4 threads are made on LucasFilm/Disney acquisition all in a couple hours....

Sorry about that! I looked for one but couldn't seem to find it so my apologies!

- - - Updated - - -

But Theme PArk Insider was the one who gave the possible hint that Avatar and Iron Man's tech may merge and possibly be the same ride. This should give us a good look into what exactly Disney wants to do with the Marvel brand in their theme parks. Should be interesting!

Maybe we're not understanding the tech? I don't see why Disney would be in a hurry to add a Soarin' type ride next door to DCA when the original isn't really that popular there anymore.

Had 60-80 min waits 2 weeks ago. :lol:

Back a few weeks ago when I hit up Epcot Soarin was well around a 2 hour wait. Longest in the park. Sure I hope we see something new, but it's a technology and resource that seems to be working well. I've never once been able to ride it due to long wait times every time I go.

Back a few weeks ago when I hit up Epcot Soarin was well around a 2 hour wait. Longest in the park. Sure I hope we see something new, but it's a technology and resource that seems to be working well. I've never once been able to ride it due to long wait times every time I go.

EPCOT's Soarin typically has way higher waits than DCA's