Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is 59 "Too Old" for HHN?

Brownie54

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2010
Philadelphia
If it is, I don't care. I love it. I enjoy getting caught off guard no matter how hard I try to see it coming. I really enjoy watching others getting scared to death. I marvel at the details of the houses that are revealed in the Unmasking the Horror tours. Although I usually have a couple drinks I don't enjoy the people who over do it. But to be honest, there are a lot of security around and it seems the out of control drunks are quickly taken care of. The thing I like the most is just the festive feel as we walk around the park. I'm thrilled that I can experience this event with my now adult children and look forward to enjoying it with my grand-daughters when they are old enough. My wife and I know our limits and usually call it a night by 11:00 or midnight. I hope I have many more HHN's to come. Perhaps when/if I turn 90, I will have to start going to Mickey's Not So Scary Party.:p

If it is, I don't care. I love it. I enjoy getting caught off guard no matter how hard I try to see it coming. I really enjoy watching others getting scared to death. I marvel at the details of the houses that are revealed in the Unmasking the Horror tours. Although I usually have a couple drinks I don't enjoy the people who over do it. But to be honest, there are a lot of security around and it seems the out of control drunks are quickly taken care of. The thing I like the most is just the festive feel as we walk around the park. I'm thrilled that I can experience this event with my now adult children and look forward to enjoying it with my grand-daughters when they are old enough. My wife and I know our limits and usually call it a night by 11:00 or midnight. I hope I have many more HHN's to come. Perhaps when/if I turn 90, I will have to start going to Mickey's Not So Scary Party.:p

We're going to our first this year. I'm around your age and my GF is 15 years younger. But I think we'll love it.

I will be turning 51 Sept. 28th at HHN. Been going for the last
10 years . We celebrate our wedding anniversary at every HHN since 03( Our 33rd this year) I plan on going for the next 10 years and then some.
We Love it! btw my wife is 59 ,she looks forward to our Oct. trip more than anything.

Last edited:
We're going to our first this year. I'm around your age and my GF is 15 years younger. But I think we'll love it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. With your GF 15 years younger(my wife is 8 years younger than me), you certainly are young at heart. Don't forget to bring your little blue pills on the trip.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be turning 51 Sept. 28th at HHN. Been going for the last
10 years . We celebrate our wedding anniversary at every HHN since 03( Our 33rd this year) I plan on going for the next 10 years and then some.
We Love it! btw my wife is 59 ,she looks forward to our Oct. trip more than anything.

That's great!!! We will be there 26th -28th. If you see an old guy with a red "Drunk 1" shirt, be sure to say hi.

We'll be there on Sept. 26th too(if that's the month you're going). I'll have a black Punishers skull shirt(with Prepare to be Punished) on the back and my GF will be wearing an Afterdark Horrorfest black shirt. Have a Duff's if we run into each other.

am I the only one that does not know what I will be wearing in 13 days :smiley:
Only for OU ID purposes. Better than walking around with a sign saying "Orlando United.com Fan Here", and having a gung ho security guard (wannabe cop) chasing us down. Either that, or its training for WDW 60 days in advance FP+ and 180 days dinner reservations.....LOL

We'll be there on Sept. 26th too(if that's the month you're going). I'll have a black Punishers skull shirt(with Prepare to be Punished) on the back and my GF will be wearing an Afterdark Horrorfest black shirt. Have a Duff's if we run into each other.

Sure thing Mad Dog. I'll look for you two.

Only for OU ID purposes. Better than walking around with a sign saying "Orlando United.com Fan Here", and having a gung ho security guard (wannabe cop) chasing us down. Either that, or its training for WDW 60 days in advance FP+ and 180 days dinner reservations.....LOL

So true. It's funny, I have no idea what I will be wearing tomorrow, but I know the three days I'm at HHN exactly what I'm wearing. The Drunk 1 shirt and the two previous HHN shirts. I love wearing my Drunk 1 shirt(my wife has Drunk 2 and daughter Drunk 3) because I get so many comments from people, even the workers.

So true. It's funny, I have no idea what I will be wearing tomorrow, but I know the three days I'm at HHN exactly what I'm wearing. The Drunk 1 shirt and the two previous HHN shirts. I love wearing my Drunk 1 shirt(my wife has Drunk 2 and daughter Drunk 3) because I get so many comments from people, even the workers.
I'm toying with getting the first three weeks pass for HHN since we'll be there for a couple of weeks. I can't activate our AP's till I get there, so I'll see what the prices are then. I'm thinking I'll want to do more than 1 HHN, if just for the fact we can spend evenings in the park when it's especially beautiful, and take our time with the attractions. We always enjoy taking it slow & appreciating the ambiance. The Studios is my GF's absolute favorite theme park. She'll be blown away once she experiences Despicable Me(which we missed by a couple of weeks last year), Transformers, Springfield and the progress on London/Diagon. She especially loves the streets of NYC. I've been on vacation in many places in Europe, the US and the Caribbean, but there's no place I enjoy more than staying on site at Universal. It has a little bit of everything that just totals a great relaxing leisurely vacation.

I'm toying with getting the first three weeks pass for HHN since we'll be there for a couple of weeks. I can't activate our AP's till I get there, so I'll see what the prices are then. I'm thinking I'll want to do more than 1 HHN, if just for the fact we can spend evenings in the park when it's especially beautiful, and take our time with the attractions. We always enjoy taking it slow & appreciating the ambiance. The Studios is my GF's absolute favorite theme park. She'll be blown away once she experiences Despicable Me(which we missed by a couple of weeks last year), Transformers, Springfield and the progress on London/Diagon. She especially loves the streets of NYC. I've been on vacation in many places in Europe, the US and the Caribbean, but there's no place I enjoy more than staying on site at Universal. It has a little bit of everything that just totals a great relaxing leisurely vacation.

We did HHN once the first year we went. The last two years we have done three nights. With the express passes you will be free to take your time and enjoy. I'm a people watcher and sometimes the wife and I will just get a drink and find a place in a scare zone to sit and watch. Was there last Memorial weekend so we saw Despicable Me. Fun show/ride. Amazing to think how much has changed since then.

We did HHN once the first year we went. The last two years we have done three nights. With the express passes you will be free to take your time and enjoy. I'm a people watcher and sometimes the wife and I will just get a drink and find a place in a scare zone to sit and watch. Was there last Memorial weekend so we saw Despicable Me. Fun show/ride. Amazing to think how much has changed since then.
Bought my Rush of Fear passes online a few hours ago. So we'll probably do 3 or 4 nights. Like you, we sometimes just like to slow up, sit & enjoy the ambiance. Our favorite quiet spot in the parks is the decking on the lagoon behind Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. Hardly ever anyone there. I would imagine there's no quiet spots for HHN, but the excitement & adrenaline rush will be fun.

At the studios for HHN ,behind Ritcher burgers is a fairly quite area and close to alchatraz (spl) bar.
also central park ,the end closest to mels. It will be interesting to see how Duff beer garden is going to be with
the HHN crowds. That is a big area with tables/chairs overlooking the lagoon, & a decent size bar.(hopefully will be open)

You're never too old for HHN! I'm 41 and have been going for years now and love every second of it! In fact last night on opening night my wife and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary in the park with our two teenage sons.