Is Pokémon replacing Spider-Man at USJ? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Pokémon replacing Spider-Man at USJ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could it still be Pokémon after this?

Also I just gotta say, major props to Nintendo (even though this is The Pokémon Company) for not making a rash decision and just handing everything to one partner. It seemed like Universal was the be all and end all, but nope. Sony gets the Zelda movie, this company gets Pokémon for theme parks… Clearly they made it so they can weigh their options for the best fit for each of their IPs.

We were talking about this in the main USJ thread but personally, I don't think it should affect USJ. I went to Yomiuriland a couple months ago and unfortunately missed out on this land's predecessor: Pokemon Wonder. From all the signage and having the employees explain it to me, it seemed like it was a nature walk where there were little Pokemon figures that you could look at and find. The way that talk about "Lush natural environment" in that announcement makes me think it'll just be a permanent version of Wonder that's included with park admission? You'd think they'd mention rides if they were coming. So seems to me like it'll be a very different kind of theme park experience than the rumored USJ ride will be.

Pokemon Company is for the streets....they will partner with anyone for money

No Doubt Universal will still get a Pokemon ride.......There is a new Pokemon Series on Netflix, WB made Detective Pikachu they don't seem to mind giving the characters to anyone willing to pay

• Haha
Reactions: WebHead1138
Today's the day, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man closes permanently at USJ in around 6 hours from this post.

The ride is currently at a 220 minute wait.
GEap-FDXgAApYvi

The EVAC will now be extinct from USJ.

This is a sad day for USJ. They’re losing a truly great ride.

As I mentioned above, this truly is the end of an era for USJ.

Since The EVAC/SCOOP's maiden voyage in 1999 with IOA's Spiderman, the tech has come a long way to the current iteration of the tech with Jurassic World USB and the Ministry of Magic ride at EU. I am still holding out hope that at some point USJ gets a future dark ride that uses the next gen SCOOP on the aforementioned rides above.

But for the time being, it feels weird that USJ is the odd park out on not having a SCOOP ride.

Today marked the end of an era as Universal Studios Japan permanently closed The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man.

All signage was completely removed overnight, including the Spider-Man photo op in New York and even the “Daily Bugle” lettering at the top of the building.

Seems to suggest to me that this was a licensing thing, that they lost the rights immediately upon 20 years.

View attachment 20458
Yup. Outside Orlando, any Marvel addition to the other parks had a 20 year lifespan. Obviously Disney owning Marvel made renegotiating challenging.