Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
So, has anybody recently been on HRRR? Are they still asking for people to empty their pockets?

Lol, they could change the ride to TSA: the experience; they pat you down, have you go through a full body scanner etc :lol:

I was there today 9/26 and they still ask that. Plus, I don't think the hidden track selection works anymore. I've tried it on the two times I've been on recently and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know why?

I was there today 9/26 and they still ask that. Plus, I don't think the hidden track selection works anymore. I've tried it on the two times I've been on recently and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know why?

They have been adding songs from bands that are onsite while they are there.Maybe the changes to do that spiked the hidden tracks ?

L
Rockit was down most of HHN opening weekend. Saw it testing every now and again, but heard it only opened at the end of Saturday night. It would be nice if they get it up and going for future nights, as it would definitely help wait times for the houses...

I think it was up Thur. night, last night it went down pretty early during HHN. We were at the park a bit today and it was down the whole time, looks like maintenance is working on this section near twister.

I would hate to be working the queue for Dusk to Dawn as it seems they need to control the flow of folks through the 'tunnel' they built under HRRR...I am not sure if we were stopped because HRRR had just gone down or if they need to hold the line so that no one stops in the tunnel, but it seems like an inconvenience having the queue going under the ride...

Update:it was back up and running when we went to the park on SAT and it wa up at HHN while we were there but we didn't stay for the whole event.

Last edited:
I was there over the week. I still love Rockit, but I love it a little bit less now that they are forcing people to completely empty their pockets. I Took out my cell phone and wallet, but when they noticed I still had tissues in one they made me get out of line to put them away as well. Completely ridiculous, and a real hassle. I've lost my phone and wallet more times on Hulk then I've lost them on Rockit (Nothing has ever fallen out of my pockets on Rockit). It's a bogus security measure. I'm wondering if the ride will start to lose popularity now?

I was there over the week. I still love Rockit, but I love it a little bit less now that they are forcing people to completely empty their pockets. I Took out my cell phone and wallet, but when they noticed I still had tissues in one they made me get out of line to put them away as well. Completely ridiculous, and a real hassle. I've lost my phone and wallet more times on Hulk then I've lost them on Rockit (Nothing has ever fallen out of my pockets on Rockit). It's a bogus security measure. I'm wondering if the ride will start to lose popularity now?

Where do they want you to put your cell phone and wallet?

Where do they want you to put your cell phone and wallet?

my guess is the free lockers. this doesn't bug me because I rode it and did not feel comfortable with my cell phone in my pocket and ended up holding it in my pocket the whole time. So next time I put my phone in, but forgot my keys. Then I got paranoid about my keys. So I was already planning on emptying my pockets and putting the in the locker. The way the seats are open in the back I think is why I felt uneasy the whole time. I normally don't even think about my cell phone or keys in my pockets on rides.

Like you literally have to show them empty pockets? How did that work?

Screamscape mentioned that the new policy is actually due to Maurer's new guidelines rather than a decision by Universal.
I really have nothing against the policy, but face it, when someone has pockets that are buttoned or zippered, then one really should not have to put it in a locker.

I read the article. I have an asthma pump that I carry with me, especially around the parks. Ugh. This ride is becoming trouble than it's worth. :lol:

I would never ever ever part with my wallet, credit cards and identification. If those are the rules, then they can shove that rocket right up their *****. Like trix, I guess it's for kids.

Sounds more like a dueling dragons issue than anything else. The ride is so close to queued guests.

Last edited:
If it is a policy handed down from the manufacturer then uni has to follow those guidelines or leave themselves highly vulnerable to a lawsuit should anything happen. Instead of blaming the manufacturer it's all on them. So their hands are tied.

I would never ever ever part with my wallet, credit cards and identification. If those are the rules, then they can shove that rocket right up their *****. Like trix, I guess it's for kids.

Sounds more like a dueling dragons issue than anything else. The ride is so close to queued guests.

yeah what if you have your express pass in your wallet? do they expect to put the pass on your pocket all by itself? what if you lose it

What I think is so cool on this attraction is the powered audio system and the dazzling pretty lights that blink and turn colors and keep going all day long. I wonder how those batteries are able to power those features 12 hours a day. They must be very special batteries. :blank:

What I think is so cool on this attraction is the powered audio system and the dazzling pretty lights that blink and turn colors and keep going all day long. I wonder how those batteries are able to power those features 12 hours a day. They must be very special batteries. :blank:

Not so subtle hint dropping. Well you are right that mega batteries prolly won't make people excited. But if that's what ur making at then I expect these vehicles to do some cool stuff. Does battery mean track less? And feel free to respond in the kong thread.