Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Heard HRRR is getting train upgrades, possibly as early as January 2016. Upgrades would include new lighting package and new screens for the music selection. Could be that the entire song selection will change as well.

Could they also ease up on the restraints? I know some peeps who have never made it on and even I feel like a meal at Mythos prior could be make or break.

Just speaking purely of Rockit here for a second, has anyone seen this video that The Fine Brothers did on their React channel? I haven't seen it posted here anywhere...

Reactions: Mad Dog
Sorry for drumming up an old topic, but I was thinking about this while trying to fall asleep last night (instead of counting sheep I tend to think of roller coaster ride courses...) anywho, How does the vertical lift evacuation work? How are people taken out of the ride when it is stuck in the vertical position...any insight would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for drumming up an old topic, but I was thinking about this while trying to fall asleep last night (instead of counting sheep I tend to think of roller coaster ride courses...) anywho, How does the vertical lift evacuation work? How are people taken out of the ride when it is stuck in the vertical position...any insight would be greatly appreciated
My guesses are, either, some kind of harness couples with platforms that can be affixed to the tower. Or, they can manually crank the lift backwards just using the weight of the RVs to lower them down.

It seems that I recall them calling the Fire dept. in to evacuate. Something on the local news if I remember, when it got jammed in that area of the track and they couldn't move the train.

Last edited:
I honestly don't get the hate for this ride. Yeah there's way too many brake runs but for the space they had, I think it's pretty good.

I don't think anybody is hating on the ride as an experience. I think it's a pretty great coaster. Most people's issue is how out of place it is. The theme seems to be music in a park dedicated to movies, it's boxed in a part of the park as well and is a bit of an eye sore. But I digress, I never noticed any of this before reading some comments about it years later and with the way Universal's advertising is going recently, I think it's turning into an iconic attraction within the park.

Reactions: Jon84
I don't think anybody is hating on the ride as an experience. I think it's a pretty great coaster. Most people's issue is how out of place it is. The theme seems to be music in a park dedicated to movies, it's boxed in a part of the park as well and is a bit of an eye sore. But I digress, I never noticed any of this before reading some comments about it years later and with the way Universal's advertising is going recently, I think it's turning into an iconic attraction within the park.
To those that are not theming diehards like us on OU, people like seeing it by the entrance, I always see people getting excited for seeing it, people have photos taken by it etc

Reactions: anihilnation
Ironic that Rockit is the key coaster used in all of the current ads on television. On the other hand, Hulk has been out of commission for the periods they have been advertising for.

Ironic that Rockit is the key coaster used in all of the current ads on television. On the other hand, Hulk has been out of commission for the periods they have been advertising for.

The 'Visit Orlando' ads in the UK have Potter and Transformers M&G as their scenes for Uni.

I don't think we have a Uni specific one at the moment. There is one from 2012 Xmas day that has scenes from Shrek, Rockit, Spiderman, Potter, JP.

Nope, they haven't done any big promo for anything since Hulk went down. The only promo is the above video I posted, but that video they are reacting too was shot in 2014 when Fallon came down for the week.

Any other promo has been Potter related.

Update the G*D music. My only complaint.

I think it's a thoroughly enjoyable ride and I love looking at it from the Monster Cafe. I think it's fine.

I can also listen to VOGUE while I ride so all other complaints are null and void.

Reactions: Tylereapple