Is Universal's Cinematic Dining Experience worth it? | Inside Universal Forums

Is Universal's Cinematic Dining Experience worth it?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 2, 2016
I'm going with 4 people to USF for 2 days, we'd like to get a good spot for one night for Universal's Cinematic Spectacular, is it worth the price to book the Dining reservation or just hold out for a good spot, also does anyone have any tips on where and when to go for a good spot?

I'm going with 4 people to USF for 2 days, we'd like to get a good spot for one night for Universal's Cinematic Spectacular, is it worth the price to book the Dining reservation or just hold out for a good spot, also does anyone have any tips on where and when to go for a good spot?
I'd just get your own spot a half hour early. It depends on how busy the park is on the day you are going though.

I personally love grabbing a seat at the tables in Springfield facing MIB. The ones almost right across the water from the Jaws photo op. You get a great view of the big time fireworks that occur over MIB, a view of one of the water screens, and a wide enough view that the fountains actually add to the show all while sitting down in comfort.

I'd just get your own spot a half hour early. It depends on how busy the park is on the day you are going though.

I personally love grabbing a seat at the tables in Springfield facing MIB. The ones almost right across the water from the Jaws photo op. You get a great view of the big time fireworks that occur over MIB, a view of one of the water screens, and a wide enough view that the fountains actually add to the show all while sitting down in comfort.

You left out drinks at Duff......;)

Reactions: Joel
Generally, there's not much problem getting a good viewing spot. You can get a good area to stand anytime before the show starts. . I wouldn't pay extra for a dining experience. I thought the show was pretty good when it debuted. But they've altered it for the worst since then. There used to be lots of water screen scenes, in addition to the barge water screen scenes. Now there's just a few. And it seems the water dancing lights scenes are lesser also.

I honestly don't really consider Cinematic Spectacular worth watching - go hang out in a near empty Diagon Alley instead.
I'd see it once, but it's nothing to save a spot for or really waste time watching after the first time. Walking around either WWoHP is more interesting. This is especially true when the show starts before the park closes because you can ride Gringotts and have Butterbeer ice cream without any lines and obnoxiousness.

I honestly don't really consider Cinematic Spectacular worth watching - go hang out in a near empty Diagon Alley instead.
We kind of do that now. Diagon is so great in the evening darkness. It's not a strong repeat viewing show. Especially now that they made cuts to it. But it's worth watching once or twice if you've never seen it.

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
g

I'd see it once, but it's nothing to save a spot for or really waste time watching after the first time. Walking around either WWoHP is more interesting. This is especially true when the show starts before the park closes because you can ride Gringotts and have Butterbeer ice cream without any lines and obnoxiousness.
Thanks so much for the replies! we are aware the show is mediocre, we usually go to Disney and sometimes Universal , we decided we needed a break from disney for a year, too much stress, but also needed to get the firework fetish in. :3

Reactions: JoeCamel

We kind of do that now. Diagon is so great in the evening darkness. It's not a strong repeat viewing show. Especially now that they made cuts to it. But it's worth watching once or twice if you've never seen it.

Plus the fireworks look really cool from inside Diagon.

Reactions: Mad Dog
We did this last year and whilst it's not essential in terms of getting a good spot (which you can do by waiting 20 mins elsewhere), we did really enjoy the meal at Lombards and the dessert party outside. If you can afford it and plan on eating at the parks that evening anyway, I'd say to do it :)

Reactions: JoeCamel