Islands of Adventure Entrance Music (Ocean Trader Market) Has Changed? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Islands of Adventure Entrance Music (Ocean Trader Market) Has Changed?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are three versions of the Ocean Trader Market loop. First outside the park which is mostly just violin. Second which builds up with a fuller orchestra and sound effects which is played past the park gates until you reach the second archway. Third is a blasting full symphony which is played once you are out on the promenade where you can see the other islands.

Reactions: Cole
There are three versions of the Ocean Trader Market loop. First outside the park which is mostly just violin. Second which builds up with a fuller orchestra and sound effects which is played past the park gates until you reach the second archway. Third is a blasting full symphony which is played once you are out on the promenade where you can see the other islands.

Thanks. I'm looking for the other two! The recordings have to be somewhere online.

Speaking of the IOA soundtrack, I've been meaning to ask. Do they still sell that anywhere? I'd LOVE to get my hands on it.
it might be worth finding the youtube videos then using listentoyoutube.com or something to record them as mp3s that what i've done for a lot of stuff.

I also believe a lot of the music was designed to be played in different sections of port of entry but flow together to sound like one piece of music. So your experience of the music is different depending on where you stand or how you walk through port of entry.

I also believe a lot of the music was designed to be played in different sections of port of entry but flow together to sound like one piece of music. So your experience of the music is different depending on where you stand or how you walk through port of entry.
I remember that effect being very noticeable in the lost part of the Lost Continent. Would hear strong percussion instruments coming around one corner and then it transitioned to a more full score as you moved towards the Enchanted Oak Tavern plaza, all in perfect sync of course. Simple effect technically (multiple audio channels) but it was executed phenomenally and fit the physical space so well.

After a couple of recent visits to the park and listening to the soundtrack recordings I got off the internet (both the 2-minute version from the original soundtrack CD and the 20-minute entrance loop version), I can say with some confidence that it's been changed from the way it previously sounded in each part of the Port of Entry and outside the gates. Like, they took the old version and re-recorded it with different instrumentation and some added embellishments. Also, there is either a lot less treble in the recording or the higher instruments have been taken out, like the oboe and possibly the violin. The part that has the gamelan-type music has been noticeably altered, with almost an entire orchestra in the background and a slightly different melody. I'm not really sure why they changed it- I actually kinda liked the older one better.