Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IT: Chapter Two

The trailers made me think this movie would be a lot more intense than it actually was. It honestly felt like a Marvel movie at points where every single scary or introspective moment was bookended by a dumb quip that ruins the atmosphere.

As someone who never read the books and knows nothing about It besides the last movie, the “lore” they included in this one felt very strange and contrived. There was also quite a lack of real stakes for a lot of it. Pennywise’s powers were really inconsistent in strength. At one moment he is in control of everything and then another you can simply think him away.

I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t quite get it. It wasn’t bad, just a solid 6/10.

Just back from seeing this. It was fine and a perfectly serviceable sequel and adaption if the book. Overly long with a few pointless subplots that went nowhere as others have said.
My biggest issue with it was the humour. Not talking about Richie as he was always going to bring the laughs, and even expect it from Pennywise. But why do so many films now feel the need to punctuate almost every scene with a joke?
Two quick examples from this film: Bowers attacks Eddie who manages to fight back. Quite an exciting scene. But then he just had to crack wise about his mullet. Let the scene breathe!
Then later Eddie escapes from a leper, but rather than let us enjoy a tense moment there is a silly scene where he tries to pull a door that has to be pushed. So pointless

I actually quite liked this one a lot because of the fact that it wasn't afraid it embrace the more ridiculous aspects of the novel - however I definitely respect and can see those disliking it for that reason. A friend said the CGI wasn't good (which I agree particularly in the Japanese restaurant scene) but I thought it was great in the final fight. Bill Hader is great in this but Bowers was one particular character outside the Losers who I felt was unnecessarily included when considering the grander scope of the movie. Richie's subplot felt a bit forced and Im kind of mad the bullies in the beginning didn't face consequences for their actions but I really liked it ultimately.

The trailers made me think this movie would be a lot more intense than it actually was. It honestly felt like a Marvel movie at points where every single scary or introspective moment was bookended by a dumb quip that ruins the atmosphere.

As someone who never read the books and knows nothing about It besides the last movie, the “lore” they included in this one felt very strange and contrived. There was also quite a lack of real stakes for a lot of it. Pennywise’s powers were really inconsistent in strength. At one moment he is in control of everything and then another you can simply think him away.

I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t quite get it. It wasn’t bad, just a solid 6/10.
Completely agreed on the Marvel-movie feel. There was a ton of comedy, which was unexpected.

I feel very....strange about this film. While it had amazing effects (both practical and cgi) as well as some very solid performances, it felt very average, almost safe. It was almost as if they were kind of afraid to go full out with the weirdness of the adult section.

My favorite part would have to be the Stan Head, though. I am fairly certain it was primarily animatronic, with some CGI on the mouth, and it looked so fucking cool.

Also, the de-aging really didn't bother me that much besides Richie and Eddie. There's a reason why I've been jokingly calling him Alita Tozier....

I actually quite liked this one a lot because of the fact that it wasn't afraid it embrace the more ridiculous aspects of the novel - however I definitely respect and can see those disliking it for that reason. A friend said the CGI wasn't good (which I agree particularly in the Japanese restaurant scene) but I thought it was great in the final fight. Bill Hader is great in this but Bowers was one particular character outside the Losers who I felt was unnecessarily included when considering the grander scope of the movie. Richie's subplot felt a bit forced and Im kind of mad the bullies in the beginning didn't face consequences for their actions but I really liked it ultimately.

Not to be that person, but it clearly was a Chinese restaurant.

I really enjoyed the movie but they absolutely could’ve shaved another 45 minutes off of it and it still would’ve been good.