Jojo Rabbit | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jojo Rabbit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It chapter 2 has the same score and I thought it was a enjoyable movie
I mean RT scores shouldn't help or hinder our enjoyment of a film. I like using it as a guide sometimes but frankly, its not too hard for myself to make up my mind on something id enjoy or not, regardless of reviews. I will say however, when a film does better than I expect (Hustlers is currently at a 95%, praising Oscar worthy performance from J-LO) THEN it truly grabs my attention. But whoever said the reviews were brutal were just incorrect lol. Seems mixed.

Reactions: RevFreako
I mean RT scores shouldn't help or hinder our enjoyment of a film. I like using it as a guide sometimes but frankly, its not too hard for myself to make up my mind on something id enjoy or not, regardless of reviews. I will say however, when a film does better than I expect (Hustlers is currently at a 95%, praising Oscar worthy performance from J-LO) THEN it truly grabs my attention. But whoever said the reviews were brutal were just incorrect lol. Seems mixed.

Down to 55% ...not a good score for an awards contender which this film was supposed to be

To add, Metacritic has pitted the film at 49/100.

For comparison, Knives Out is at 82 and Joker is at 75.

To be honest, I am reserving all expectations through the door, but my curiosity is when we get the Cinemascore.

When reviewing, whether critics would admit it or not, there are certain levels of expectations. When a film like Joker or Jojo Rabbit underperform, a beloved character by all critics along with a beloved actor, and Jojo Rabbit who has a BELOVED director, I think people tend to watch these films with sharper eyes. Especially if there considered to be a potential Oscar contender.

For example, do we really think critics went into a film like Ready Or Not (which has a 95%) or do we expect them to critique a dilm like Joker and Jojo Rabbit more? Idk I think a lot of RT scores often have to do with people's preconceived expectations. Maybe thats just my thinking but thats what Ive noticed.

To add, Metacritic has pitted the film at 49/100.

For comparison, Knives Out is at 82 and Joker is at 75.

To be honest, I am reserving all expectations through the door, but my curiosity is when we get the Cinemascore.

I think it will have a decent Cinemascore of an A to A-....the twitter responses from people at the premiere were overwhelmingly positive.However I don't think this will do what Disney intends it will do which is get any kind of awards attention.

When reviewing, whether critics would admit it or not, there are certain levels of expectations. When a film like Joker or Jojo Rabbit underperform, a beloved character by all critics along with a beloved actor, and Jojo Rabbit who has a BELOVED director, I think people tend to watch these films with sharper eyes. Especially if there considered to be a potential Oscar contender.

For example, do we really think critics went into a film like Ready Or Not (which has a 95%) or do we expect them to critique a dilm like Joker and Jojo Rabbit more? Idk I think a lot of RT scores often have to do with people's preconceived expectations. Maybe thats just my thinking but thats what Ive noticed.
The script has been available and can be found and I have read it. (Its a blacklist script) From those I have talked to at the premiere, those who read the script are the ones really who aren't happy because the script was not safe and hit home the message of the film a lot better than what was shown on the screen (probably due to the changes some Disney exec wanted if you go back to the article from a month ago regarding how Disney was nervous about this film).

I think this sums up why the reception

Last edited:
I think it will have a decent Cinemascore of an A to A-....the twitter responses from people at the premiere were overwhelmingly positive.However I don't think this will do what Disney intends it will do which is get any kind of awards attention.

The script has been available and can be found and I have read it. (Its a blacklist script) From those I have talked to at the premiere, those who read the script are the ones really who aren't happy because the script was not safe and hit home the message of the film a lot better than what was shown on the screen (probably due to the changes some Disney exec wanted if you go back to the article from a month ago regarding how Disney was nervous about this film).

I think this sums up why the reception

Interesting. Id need to see the film before I judge too much. Not saying freaking Hitler was this way but I will say a lot of "evil" people in this world are often misguided or mistreated or something and that is the beginning of what leads them to who they are. Again, NOT defending Hitler haha but I'm just saying. There are typically reasons for things.

Ya, im expecting a best picture nom for this one. Marriage Story seems to be the film of the year so as of now that seems to be the awards front runner but man I am so hyped for this one!!

I watched this today! Cinematically it was spectacular. It got a little boring in the middle but the story was heartwarming and disturbing. I loved it. It was brilliant.

Reactions: sonoma15