JOKER Folie à Deux | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

JOKER Folie à Deux

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SeventyOne
Reactions: Bort and jseal777
I think it could work....it would be a fresh take and fit into that world extremely well in the vein that crazed reality Joker put himself into....which one is real which one isn't

Reactions: imagin78
I think it could work....it would be a fresh take and fit into that world extremely well in the vein that crazed reality Joker put himself into....which one is real which one isn't
Also, Gaga has shown she's trying to be a prestige actress with the roles she's taken. I can't see her taking a stunt role or one that will make her look bad.

Have zero interest in ever watching the first Joker film. It looked awful & kinda pointless. Doesn't matter how much grease-paint they slap onto it, without Batman, it's only Joker by name alone. It's just an artsy fluff piece showcasing mental illness.

As for this sequel, it sounds like a complete train wreck that "might" be a good watch. Lady Gaga has proved herself as an actress. I think she could pull off both sides of Harley. And it being a musical makes it somehow work.

Oh and the best live-action Joker is Cameron Monaghan from Gotham. He never got the "title", but he crushed every iteration.

I feel like musical is probably the wrong to describe this film. I can see it being a movie that heavily utilizes music, but this isn't going to be Hamilton or West Side Story. I think the music will be utilized in a way to show Arthur's further descent into madness with Harley.

Phoenix has a limited singing past, but just listening to his voice, it sounds like it could fit perfectly with someone who is tripping out in a prison cell singing the same song over and over to pass the time. In limited spurts of use, it could be effective.

Last edited:

And in the bingo card for dumb things, Joker 2 could have Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn, as it would act...as a Musical.

Yeah no, this may be trash, but I'm curious in the trash it brings.
My queen, look at her

You know if the musical scenes are occurring in Joker's head

I'm a little monster Gaga simp, so I'll be seeing this regardless

Still though, I think it could be a very creative take on the "what if we made it grittier" formula

I'm not writing this off just yet

Remember, this is the same movie that rode the coattails of "may be so dark and disturbing that it turns viewers into murderous clowns" all the way to the top of the box office. That's not to say that the "musical" aspect of this sequel is totally false, but I could see this being blown out of proportion just to get asses in seats.

He dances every time he kills someone in the original, so maybe it's just some sort of extension akin to that? When he kills in the sequel he breaks out into this uncontrollable "singing"? While it's not a movie I needed to see a sequel for, it's certainly one I'm interested to attend. Phillips and Phoenix seemed pretty adamant that they didn't want to do a sequel jus to do a sequel, either the script is good, or they got paid boatloads of cash for this.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In a modern film landscape where movies are so dreadfully afraid to advertise themselves as musicals, even when that's a primary selling point for the film itself existing at all like in the case of Mean Girls, it's weird to see Joker 2, a sequel to a Superhero film that was effectively Taxi Driver-lite, lean so heavily into that of all things as a marketing strategy. It's...bold, let's see if it pays off.

In a modern film landscape where movies are so dreadfully afraid to advertise themselves as musicals, even when that's a primary selling point for the film itself existing at all like in the case of Mean Girls, it's weird to see Joker 2, a sequel to a Superhero film that was effectively Taxi Driver-lite, lean so heavily into that of all things as a marketing strategy. It's...bold, let's see if it pays off.

We'll have to wait and see if they actually showcase the musical aspect in the trailer or not. If they do, I'll honestly respect that.

Lol

So its a musical

The budget also is like insane

Like DC learns nothing....a big budget for a Joker film? why that's not what made people like the first one

It could still work out.

But I hope the logicalness of the musical aspect makes sense.

No idea if it’s true but there was a rumor that the reason for the film being a musical was because that is how Harley sees the world due to her mental illness. Crazy thought but it just might work.

Yeah, I think it fits with the unreliable narrator energy brought by the first film. Do I want to watch a gritty, violent, 2.5-hour musical? Absolutely not. But I appreciate what they're going for.