Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

June 2019 AP Price Increase - WDW

I was literally just considering upgrading to Gold but uh.. nah I'm good.
Yeah, it's not worth it anymore. $700 seems to be where I draw the line in my mind. My pass expires in November.. I'll renew, but will definitely downgrade to Silver. At $700, Gold is about $170 more expensive than Silver and for what? So I can go during the busiest, rainiest months of the year? Pass.

Once Silver gets jacked up to that $700 mark (as I fully expect it will be there by the 50th), i'll just drop down again, possibly just to the weekly pass eventually. I actually don't go on weekends that much anyway due to work, but keep the pass I have so I can go with friends just in case they want to hop over on a whim. I have no allegiance strictly to Disney though and even though I quite literally live in MK's backyard, I can see the day in the not so distant future where I tap out (not that I couldn't afford it, but I don't see the value for my money).

Do I love going to Disney? Yeah. Would it suck if I got 'priced out' of what I deem a proper value? Yeah. But there's also no way in hell i'm going to blindly hand over my money to the mouse simply because they raised the price.

Thank god we renewed last month, but after talking with the Mrs - this is the last year for us. AP Benefits aren't the same as they were when we first signed up years ago; and with the rising costs, it just doesn't make sense right now. Maybe we'll approach coming back when the 50th rolls around, but I just don't see the value in it.

Good thing I fly down to Orlando once a year so I can skip this highway robbery.

I spend most of my time at Universal so thankfully this doesn't affect me as I only do a day or two in the parks, but the price is insane and hard to justify beyond greed.

That being said, welcome to the InsideUniversal forum for all of our newly minted members who are seeking economic asylum. :wave:

Even UK 14 days for the price of 7 have increased from £395 for 2019 to £441 for 2020. They increase every year but that's a big jump.

These prices are absolutely ridiculous and so tone deaf to what people actually have to live on. I'm just speechless. We will probably never get another AP at this rate. Star Wars absolutely does not look good enough to warrant this kind of price hike.

We dropped to weekday from Silver a few months ago since the renewal price was more than I was willing to pay. We only go during the week really anyways and never want to go during the black out days. Will see what next year renewal brings, but will hopefully visit GE this year and just keep Universal moving forward.

wait, so the highest one is $1219, am I seeing that right?

Wow, and to think that California is $180 more with 2 less parks.
2 less parks, but there's pretty much more packed into those two parks than there is across all four WDW parks. Disneyland is a monster of a park (and now with SW:GE open and MMRR on the way, it just keeps getting better).

That's still not to say the prices aren't ridiculous, though.

Welp, that pass was fun while it lasted. More money to deal with more crowds? No thanks.
The price is so high now at peak times with "dynamic " pricing and passes that avoid blackouts you are probably going to be paying more money to deal with less crowds on supposedly "crowded seasons" these days. Disney tickets are so expensive that people are really going to the extreme to save money by cutting back as much as they can.

2 less parks, but there's pretty much more packed into those two parks than there is across all four WDW parks. Disneyland is a monster of a park (and now with SW:GE open and MMRR on the way, it just keeps getting better).

That's still not to say the prices aren't ridiculous, though.
Never been to WDW, so was not aware that Epcot, AK, and DHS didn't give much. I mean I have a small idea from being on here and the like, but I don't consider DCA all that much either. Radiator springs and ToT being the exception. The pier and everything else leaves alot to be desired. I am done in DCA within about 3 hours. But sounds like DHS and AK at minimum are similar?

Never been to WDW, so was not aware that Epcot, AK, and DHS didn't give much. I mean I have a small idea from being on here and the like, but I don't consider DCA all that much either. Radiator springs and ToT being the exception. The pier and everything else leaves alot to be desired. I am done in DCA within about 3 hours. But sounds like DHS and AK at minimum are similar?
DHS is definitely similar. DAK is as well, but if you truly want the full DAK experience and you do some of the animal trails and even just one of the shows (FotLK and Nemo are both great, imo) than you could fill out a day pretty easily. DHS has a lot of shows too, but they pretty much all suck and are all 20-30 years old, so I don't consider many of them to be worth seeing.

So the renewal price is $600 now for Gold (up from $525 or so before the increase). If this holds until I renew, I might stay with Gold one more year. Hell, I paid $600 to buy the pass outside of the renewal period this year anyway. I was seriously considering going down to Silver as I said earlier in the thread, but if it does hold at that renewal rate, I can probably still justify Gold for now.

WDW just raised prices on all Disney After Hours events. Day of purchase is now $139 plus tax. It was $125 plus tax before.........

Another sign that Disney is desperate to extract more money from current vacationers. I just don't know who this is for to the point where they expect to sell enough of these to keep a park open. They legit do not have these events long enough to be worth it over a day ticket for a lot of people.

Another sign that Disney is desperate to extract more money from current vacationers. I just don't know who this is for to the point where they expect to sell enough of these to keep a park open. They legit do not have these events long enough to be worth it over a day ticket for a lot of people.

If Disney was truly desperate wouldn’t they be decreasing the ticket price to increase attendance? I mean raising prices in any industry rarely shows desperation.

If Disney was truly desperate wouldn’t they be decreasing the ticket price to increase attendance? I mean raising prices in any industry rarely shows desperation.
Disneys increases lately have been coming from increased prices in the parks even with flat or declining attendance. They are doing this because they thought by building star wars they wouldn't have to offer any real discounts anymore and still pack the parks. They are trying to show profit growth while holding out on prices hoping that the crowds will come back for the new star wars ride or the 50th anniversary. They are scarred of setting any expectation that potential guests should wait for discounts.