Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jungle Cruise Boat Sinks at Magic Kingdom

Nah that plat just covers up access to some machinery to the boat. The boats are completely sealed. They’d be able to free float out in the seven seas lagoon if you stuck them out there. Looks like something related to the ballast water system either clogged up or busted, releasing ballast water back into the boat rather than out the side,
Causing the flooding
Yeah, that's a symptom of the problem, not the cause.
Thanks for the clarification, didn’t even know they had ballast tanks in the boats. Learn something new every day.

FYI, no expert here but repeating what I heard... maybe someone with more direct intel can confirm/deny. I was told a few Magic Kingdom JC boats were recently modified to be more ADA-friendly, and that this incident was a result of an unintended consequence of those changes. Any idea?

FYI, no expert here but repeating what I heard... maybe someone with more direct intel can confirm/deny. I was told a few Magic Kingdom JC boats were recently modified to be more ADA-friendly, and that this incident was a result of an unintended consequence of those changes. Any idea?

This did happen on one of the two Wheelchair boats (Bomokandi Bertha), but I'm not familiar with with any changes they've done to them recently.

It's a rebellion by those feisty cast members, supported by the actual rides, against the evil Chapek Empire. Join the resistance fighters as they attempt to overthrow the evil Darth Chapekous. This new ride coming soon to Disney's yet-to-be-announced fifth park!!! A second ride, features the Darth Chapekous' equally evil minions, the StormBloggers, who enforce his decrees with wide-ranging videos and texts in an effort to curry his favor. While on this ride, your cell phone will erupt with wave after wave of reinforcing texts as they attempt to brainwash you into giving even more from your bank account, kid's college fund, and secret stash buried in the yard.

We can't wait for these new rides to open at the fifth gate. Join us soon.

At the MK now, Haunted Mansion reopened earlier this evening. Jungle Cruise was doomed from the start. A 55 min wait ballooned to 120 within 30 minutes around 11 this morning. Seemed like they were only running about 4 or 5 boats.

Intamin strikes again!

Chapek Curse strikes again....Haunted Mansion broke down today and is closed indefinitely.

Screamscape has a video showing guests that abandoned a sinking log in the dark ride portion after the large drop (if I read it correctly). The boat sank completely. I am beginning to think that we need a thread titled, "Chapek's Revenge".

Now you have a splash boat sinking so the evil incarnate must be among us. Or at least hanging out at the world.

You would think that an antichrist type figure would have better things to do than cause annoying things to happen at amusement parks. I mean, causing COVID is a HUGE step up from sinking a JC or Splash boat.

You would think that an antichrist type figure would have better things to do than cause annoying things to happen at amusement parks. I mean, causing COVID is a HUGE step up from sinking a JC or Splash boat.
Yeah but in their off time they just flick at things I think and we get sinkings. Just a flick of the finger, we are all inhabitants of a petri dish...