Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 496 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is based on nothing but personal wishes and interpolating from the concept of a raptor theme, but here's how I'd like to see theming play out with some Dino AA's and the rides potential story

XNeE6Bh.jpg

This is based on nothing but personal wishes and interpolating from the concept of a raptor theme, but here's how I'd like to see theming play out with some Dino AA's and the rides potential story

XNeE6Bh.jpg
If only. If only. One can dream.

Raptor stables is all I’m hoping for. But hey, they’ll be some good rockwork mixed in with the s’getti overlapping section I’m hearing at least.

Unpopular opinion: I’m more excited for the Raptor coaster then the HP family coaster.

That’s ok! I think there will be people who prefer this to the Potter coaster. I also think there who be not an unsubstantial amount of fans and guests who prefer the Potter coaster to the SWGE rides. They’re all excellent and it’ll be up to personal styles and preferences.

I'm struggling to make sense of the first turn after the initial show scene. It doesn't look like an alignment that could be taken at high speed, but the straight track between the show scene and that turn seems like it should be a launch?

Not an official Universal announcement "yet", but it "strongly" looks like it's on for a close in late summer and reopening next summer. That's about all I can say. I have no details on what changes/upgrades will be made though.
Found my post from 4/5/18 on this thread. Two very prominent & reliable insiders (I'm not an Insider myself) had told me they had info that JPRA would go down for the major redo. That schedule ended up changing in August. If that JPRA redo finally happens in August 2019 that will have been a one year delay. ....Interesting to see how this all plays out.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to make sense of the first turn after the initial show scene. It doesn't look like an alignment that could be taken at high speed, but the straight track between the show scene and that turn seems like it should be a launch?
That's probably (definitely) a launch, but we can't tell the elevation or angle of the track from the 2D layout image. What looks like a tight turn may be at an incline, with extreme banking.

Reactions: natespf
Looking at the layout, and I have to wonder how much of an airtime monster may this attraction be.

I can already guess that we are getting a mininmum of 2-3 inversions, but this ride looks very much like it's going to intersect with the track by quite a bit.
I "see" 3 inversions and there's potential for at least 2 more.

Here’s what I see. I see a diving loop and two heartlines between the two launches. There could be two more after the top hat.

Here’s what I see. I see a diving loop and two heartlines between the two launches. There could be two more after the top hat.

Not completely sure, but I assumed that possible bottom left inversion you circled would be a twisty section like the one on Taron
1B842FED-C0FF-40F7-BD76-22DD64D88480.jpeg

My intrigue, brings me to that curve after the first launch..

..perhaps it could be similar to the Inverted Top Hat that's coming to Carrowinds for Copperhead Strike?

upload_2019-1-18_21-4-38.png

May be a bad example, considering the manufacturer being different to what's being rumored, but I have to wonder if they may look to that as a possible source of inspiration.

Not completely sure, but I assumed that possible bottom left inversion you circled would be a twisty section like the one on Taron
View attachment 8705

I'm honestly guessing we'll see a zero g roll of some sort next to the walkway leading towards & from the bridge, alongside something on top of the bridge (and below).

Maybe they should keep the Mossasaur for the river adventure redo if JPRA ever gets the overhaul. Keep the JP new coaster Raptor themed to blue possibly. Put the I-Rex, Indo-Raptor into the newly themed Jurassic World River Adventure. I think putting all three new dinos in one coaster wouldn’t make sense. Keep the coaster raptor themed.

Reactions: WebHead1138
Maybe they should keep the Mossasaur for the river adventure redo if JPRA ever gets the overhaul. Keep the JP new coaster Raptor themed to blue possibly. Put the I-Rex, Indo-Raptor into the newly themed Jurassic World River Adventure. I think putting all three new dinos in one coaster wouldn’t make sense. Keep the coaster raptor themed.

Without context, the Mosasaurus from when I was hearing things..would be in the Hollywood version of the overhaul. Just not in the way some may expect.

My intrigue, brings me to that curve after the first launch..

..perhaps it could be similar to the Inverted Top Hat that's coming to Carrowinds for Copperhead Strike?

upload_2019-1-18_21-4-38-png.8706

May be a bad example, considering the manufacturer being different to what's being rumored, but I have to wonder if they may look to that as a possible source of inspiration.
That section would be far too narrow for something like that. The only thing I could see it being is a turnaround similar to this
upload_2019-1-18_23-13-59.png

That section would be far too narrow for something like that. The only thing I could see it being is a turnaround similar to this
View attachment 8707

And honestly, I do agree that it's probably too narrow.

I don't get the feeling that is just going to be a simple turn, and I could see them maybe wanting to see if they can do an inversion if they could..but that seems more plausible than what I'm thinking of.

That sucks no Mossasaur in Orlando then is this pretty accurate? He is one of the stars of the franchise.

I would assume if Orlando gets a revamp of River Adventure in the way Hollywood's is..you would see the Mosasaurus scene, especially as the two did share the same JPRA scenes for the most part (outside of two examples).

Reactions: Ryno27
That sucks no Mossasaur in Orlando then is this pretty accurate? He is one of the stars of the franchise.
No, it's not. The mosasaur he's a world-building, gun on the mantle in the first World, and a glorified cameo in the second.

I really do not understand the obsession with the creature. An AA version would be too slow (at actual size) to really be impressive. The only way it works is as a screen. And do you really want that?

Reactions: truejonas
Another way is if the Mossasaur could work in the JP coaster maybe have him included in the lagoon somewhere but make him appear before you launch again not while the coaster is in movement just a thought. As a AA of course.

No, it's not. The mosasaur he's a world-building, gun on the mantle in the first World, and a glorified cameo in the second.

I really do not understand the obsession with the creature. An AA version would be too slow (at actual size) to really be impressive. The only way it works is as a screen. And do you really want that?

Honestly, I don't think the Mosasaurus is a creature that needs the attention. She'll have a moment, but it won't be like she's the "star of the show".

Well it’s just cool to finally see marine reptiles included in the Jurassic Franchise finally. I’m sure their could be a few more in the third JW film but won’t be center of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.