Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 555 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be interesting to see the demolition of the Trike Encounter barns. If I remember correctly, each one of them has a basement or pit below them. Gotta imagine that they're gonna be a little more difficult to remove than some walkways and trees.

It's gonna be interesting to see the demolition of the Trike Encounter barns. If I remember correctly, each one of them has a basement or pit below them. Gotta imagine that they're gonna be a little more difficult to remove than some walkways and trees.

Do they need to remove the pits or can they just fill them in?

Do they need to remove the pits or can they just fill them in?
I'm sure they need to do a lot of ground work. Electricity, drainage, water and concrete for the coaster pillars and maintenance and the building(s). It would be easier to take them out.
It's amazing to me Universal again, like Transformers, is building a big ride in the middle of the park. It adds another logistic problem to already a complex project.

Reactions: WillQ92
I'm sure they need to do a lot of ground work. Electricity, drainage, water and concrete for the coaster pillars and maintenance and the building(s). It would be easier to take them out.
It's amazing to me Universal again, like Transformers, is building a big ride in the middle of the park. It adds another logistic problem to already a complex project.

I don't think this is as complex as Transformers. They have a fairly easy route from the outer rim to the coaster location and far more empty space building a coaster. Most of the equipment will be moved in when the park is closed for that days construction. They also have a sizable chunk of land behind TL for temporary storage if needed.

jp coaster route.JPG

I don't think this is as complex as Transformers. They have a fairly easy route from the outer rim to the coaster location and far more empty space building a coaster. Most of the equipment will be moved in when the park is closed for that days construction. They also have a sizable chunk of land behind TL for temporary storage if needed.

View attachment 9087
Yeah. It's really not the same as Transformers that was bounded on all four sides by working land areas of the park. True, this coaster will be near the middle of the park, but half the area is water, so it's not as disruptive as Transformers. Actually, most of it is as isolated as if it was in a distant corner of the park, and will be over areas that very few visitors, if any (in case of Trik area), frequented.

Reactions: natespf
Yeah. It's really not the same as Transformers that was bounded on all four sides by working land areas of the park. True, this coaster will be near the middle of the park, but half the area is water, so it's not as disruptive as Transformers. Actually, most of it is as isolated as if it was in a distant corner of the park, and will be over areas that very few visitors, if any (in case of Trik area), frequented.

The concrete pouring will be interesting. Concrete plants don't usually operate at night, but I guess for the right amount of money they could. It's either that or they put a crossing guard there at Kong and just take them in and out that way. I'd guess thats the more likely scenario myself.

The concrete pouring will be interesting. Concrete plants don't usually operate at night, but I guess for the right amount of money they could. It's either that or they put a crossing guard there at Kong and just take them in and out that way. I'd guess thats the more likely scenario myself.
A surprising amount of construction work in Florida is done at night. I wouldn't get the CBBR courtyard street side rooms for a while in any case.

Talk about “life will find a way”, look at the exotic plants that have naturally attached themselves to the bottom edge of the dock. It looks like they were put there on purpose!

TWHsGUT.jpg

photo: @insideuniversal

Talk about “life will find a way”, look at the exotic plants that have naturally attached themselves to the bottom edge of the dock. It looks like they were put there on purpose!

TWHsGUT.jpg

photo: @insideuniversal
Are they leaving that dock?

It would be fun to get that close to the water, and get some sick angles of the coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.