Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 631 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new locker situation runs pretty smooth now....But, yes, the heat in that stand by queue is a killer on a hot day. It alone could transform a rider into the Hulk, at least temperment wise. .
True, I guess it's just the hassle of putting everything away and double checking pockets and crap. I know it would've taken longer but hulk deserved better queue wise these new rides just make some of the old rides less and less appealing. Not to derail:grin:

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
True, I guess it's just the hassle of putting everything away and double checking pockets and crap. I know it would've taken longer but hulk deserved better queue wise these new rides just make some of the old rides less and less appealing. Not to derail:grin:
Yes. I don't especially care for the queue even though I've always rode this with hotel express and didn't have but a 5 minute wait ever. But I felt bad for the poor souls in standby. It is a burning stifling hellhole. A really poor design choice, especially considering the fact they redid the entire coaster and could have gone in a different direction for the entrance.

Yes. I don't especially care for the queue even though I've always rode this with hotel express and didn't have but a 5 minute wait ever. But I felt bad for the poor souls in standby. It is a burning stifling hellhole. A really poor design choice, especially considering the fact they redid the entire coaster and could have gone in a different direction for the entrance.

And this is why Hulk isn’t enough thrill wise, despite the opinions of some anti-coaster people here.

And this is why Hulk isn’t enough thrill wise, despite the opinions of some anti-coaster people here.
I feel like the JP Coaster will be the type of thrill I normally enjoy

I love Hulk and Kumba (which is the only comparable thing I can think of)...There's just that potential that the ride will give me a headache

Reactions: Alicia
Definitely much worse for me. Inverts never fail to make me feel a bit queasy.

I can ride an airtime machine all day though. Starting to miss the almost ERT like evenings with Mako.
Same here. Can't ride inverts. Any other coaster is OK. The only other things that make me queasy are the really super fast spinning flat rides.

I know, it’s crazy. Who’d have thunk it?

But seriously, it will interesting to see if anything happens after the MSHI flag.
A flag takes one person half an hour.

Cleaning that much mildew would take a team all day, and thus closing down the ride because it's over a guest area (the ride).

I hope they don't touch it until a ride conversion gets approved.

I'm fairly certain Universal only has one high-reach lift that could get that high, which is used predominantly by the techs for light installs. I'm not sure if that reach could get THAT high, nor across far enough to power wash the whole roof.

Whenever they'd do it, the cleaners would more likely harness in and walk down. I'll give you they can do it in a night, but I'm not sure who would do it. Building maintenance and techs are certified to harness, but I don't know if I'd want them doing; custodial (who have the power washers) aren't. Besides, all of them already have overnight repairs to be concerned about.

Best option is to contract out building cleaners. That way, if the roof is damaged, it's on them.

Either way, it's mildew in a "non-guest" area. I hate to tell bio, if he thinks that's a "problem," he'd lose his mind if he saw some of the other shenanigans backstage.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.