Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should've placed the coaster where Kong is. (Or Jeep/Gyro ride).
I love the idea of a coaster ride like this and am glad we're getting it, but I really would've rather had gotten the Gyro ride. Or maybe even figure out a way to integrate BOTH into the area. There's A LOT of land there. idk how much land the Gyro ride takes up, but I wonder if they got creative enough if adding the Gyro ride would've been possible.

A happy medium between Park and World would be nice. The architecture of the old building is phenomenal, but it could use a freshening up inside.

I think it would be best if they kept Jurassic Park themed at Islands of Adventure.
Then build a Jurassic World section at Epic Universe. That way Florida can have the trademark of both film universe parks co-existing.
There's plenty of ideas for Jurassic World themed and rides, honestly.

I really don't understand WHY they aren't building a main street Replica with giant innovation center.
That gives them a place to put a few shops and restaurants, while having a beautiful blue lagoon ahead, with many trees and such. Then 2-3 themed rides, one being a dark ride. One a coaster,etc

I think it would be best if they kept Jurassic Park themed at Islands of Adventure.
Then build a Jurassic World section at Epic Universe. That way Florida can have the trademark of both film universe parks co-existing.
There's plenty of ideas for Jurassic World themed and rides, honestly.

I really don't understand WHY they aren't building a main street Replica with giant innovation center.
That gives them a place to put a few shops and restaurants, while having a beautiful blue lagoon ahead, with many trees and such. Then 2-3 themed rides, one being a dark ride. One a coaster,etc
It seems like Universal Studios Beijing is getting full fledged JW land which is a great unique thing for that park and probably can’t be cloned.

Exclusivity contracts end at particular points.

I am guessing, JW and Panda are in the same exclusivity rights agreement for the terms of going full-out in a new land.
Maybe a stupid question but, who are these exclusivity contracts made with? I'm assuming the country, in this case China? (Especially considering how big of a hand China has in this park.)

Honestly don't get how there isn't more outrage on the possibility JPRA wont at least be getting new animatronics.....You guys have seen how terrible literally every AA besides maybe the Stegs, Dilos(even the dilios are malfunctioning), and Rex are right? For universals premier franchise to feature an awe moment with a Ultrasaur that looks like it should have a neck brace on.....its just a really really bad look. Im fine with JP staying JP, but please work on the AA's.

Honestly don't get how there isn't more outrage on the possibility JPRA wont at least be getting new animatronics.....You guys have seen how terrible literally every AA besides maybe the Stegs, Dilos(even the dilios are malfunctioning), and Rex are right? For universals premier franchise to feature an awe moment with a Ultrasaur that looks like it should have a neck brace on.....its just a really really bad look. Im fine with JP staying JP, but please work on the AA's.

Nothing to get outraged over when we just don’t know.

To the best of your knowledge, do plans call for a buffer of (hopefully dense) foliage between the fences and the coaster behind them? Or is this going to be a more industrial -- rather than jungle -- look?

Both. Depending on the part of the ride. Jungle and industrial.
I get that the ride will have both jungle and industrial parts, but I think @belloq87 was asking about in between the coaster and the fences. Meaning, how visible is the coaster going to be within the main walkways themselves? If that's not what he was asking, then I am :)

Personally, I hope there is enough foliage that obscures it from view almost entirely. Obviously, you'll see if from the rest of the park, but I think it'd be a great reveal moment walking a path to have a giant coaster reveal itself.

Looks like the games are making their way back into the park:

Yippie. At least they have their priorities straight. Only four game spots remain. While JP isn't the worst game area, I still wish they'd drop it completely.

*Begin Rant*

If I had to rank them best areas to worst:

1) Simpsons - It just fits. Keep it.

2) Toon Lagoon - There's nothing else to do during the death march from Popeye's to Kong.

3) Jurassic Park - Kills the vibe. I realize they were trying for the "theme park within a theme park" feel, but with the photo op dinosaurs and foliage, it always felt more like "lost in the jungle" to me. Less "theme park", more "get from the discovery center to save Samuel L Jackson in the electrical room where a raptor can jump out and eat you at any time as the bushes shake and dinosaur sounds are abundant". I think people would much prefer the latter.

4) Production Central/New York area. Get rid of them. They are just awful. No shade. No theme. It feels and looks like Six Flags. It creates congestion. And it blocks the view of Central Park; which is arguably the prettiest part of USF.

*End Rant*

4) Production Central/New York area. Get rid of them. They are just awful. No shade. No theme. It feels and looks like Six Flags. It creates congestion. And it blocks the view of Central Park; which is arguably the prettiest part of USF.

*End Rant*

I mean, this is only a HHN thing though. I agree they probably shouldn't be there, but it's only temporary.

I get that the ride will have both jungle and industrial parts, but I think @belloq87 was asking about in between the coaster and the fences. Meaning, how visible is the coaster going to be within the main walkways themselves? If that's not what he was asking, then I am :)

Personally, I hope there is enough foliage that obscures it from view almost entirely. Obviously, you'll see if from the rest of the park, but I think it'd be a great reveal moment walking a path to have a giant coaster reveal itself.

Yippie. At least they have their priorities straight. Only four game spots remain. While JP isn't the worst game area, I still wish they'd drop it completely.

*Begin Rant*

If I had to rank them best areas to worst:

1) Simpsons - It just fits. Keep it.

2) Toon Lagoon - There's nothing else to do during the death march from Popeye's to Kong.

3) Jurassic Park - Kills the vibe. I realize they were trying for the "theme park within a theme park" feel, but with the photo op dinosaurs and foliage, it always felt more like "lost in the jungle" to me. Less "theme park", more "get from the discovery center to save Samuel L Jackson in the electrical room where a raptor can jump out and eat you at any time as the bushes shake and dinosaur sounds are abundant". I think people would much prefer the latter.

*End Rant*
Just say no to games.

Status
Not open for further replies.